PDA

View Full Version : Avanti interiors

Endl98
05-20-2016, 08:47 PM
Ok. So who is the most recommended person or company for early stude avanti interior. I want to get my orange interior redone. Also how many people have had a fawn salt and pepper carpet dyed to another color they don't make any more. Like orange and black.

bezhawk
05-20-2016, 08:58 PM
http://www.smsautofabrics.com.
They have the orange and black salt and pepper carpeting

Endl98
05-21-2016, 08:48 AM
That's funny, I called them a few months back, they sent me a sample of their salt and pepper carpet, it looked like a great match to my original orange and black, but when I called to order it, they said they do not have any orange and black, nobody does. then told me they can dye a fawn to orange for me.

bezhawk
05-21-2016, 09:50 AM
That's odd, they sent me a sample too.

StudeRich
05-21-2016, 02:02 PM
It is the Tangerine Vinyl that is the hardest to get, it was very hard to find for our Local Club Chapter and the America's Car Museum (Lemay) to procure for the First Production Avanti R1001 restoration, we may have gotten the very LAST of it, I believe the rest went on the Avanti R-1002 Restoration.

Endl98
05-21-2016, 04:53 PM
southeast Studebaker has the correct orange for our interiors. Or at least He says he has. he also has 1/2 a carpet left in the original orange and black. I am going to send him my door panels to restore and get the whole interior from him for both my 63's.
anyone ever use south east Studebaker for interiors

Endl98
05-22-2016, 06:48 AM
It is the Tangerine Vinyl that is the hardest to get, it was very hard to find for our Local Club Chapter and the America's Car Museum (Lemay) to procure for the First Production Avanti R1001 restoration, we may have gotten the very LAST of it, I believe the rest went on the Avanti R-1002 Restoration.

and I hope not, other wise I will be having the stitching repaired in mine and a new piping put on the drivers seat. They are not destroyed, just coming apart at the stitch and the side piping is open for a few inches. other than that my interior is really nice. All the fawn is bleached white with age and the rear deck panel is curling off the panel . but still in tact.

Bellingham Studenut
05-23-2016, 06:46 PM

Actually it was the perforated seat inserts and carpet that were hard to find.
The vinyl match was easy to locate. I can try to get the company material info if you want.
Some upholstery shops also try to use fat piping.

James