Molding availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molding availability

Does anyone know of a source for the molding that the convertible boot snaps to for a 64 convertible? Or perhaps the Studebaker part number(s)?

Image attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Convertible boot snap molding.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1750962
    David Daoust
    Stratham, NH
    '64 Daytona convertible

The molding part number is 1360955. The hard top may use the same molding but with out holes for the snaps. The 60 convertibles did. When I did the 60 I had, That's what I used on it. Studebaker Int. had them.
    Klif
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Comment

For your 64' ragtop you need 3 pieces; 2 pot metal & 1 stainless. The 2 pot metal pieces are shared with the hardtop, for only 63-64' models and are among the henny of the hen's toothed Studebaker parts. The U-shaped rear, stainless, piece is used for raggies only, and may be different year to year. That piece for your 64' was easy to be had up til a few years ago-now tough(er).

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
        For your 64' ragtop you need 3 pieces; 2 pot metal & 1 stainless. The 2 pot metal pieces are shared with the hardtop, for only 63-64' models and are among the henny of the hen's toothed Studebaker parts. The U-shaped rear, stainless, piece is used for raggies only, and may be different year to year. That piece for your 64' was easy to be had up til a few years ago-now tough(er).
        Disagree. At one time I owned both a 64 hardtop and 64 convertible (still own the hardtop), and the rear quarter moldings are not the same. The hardtop pot metal quarter moldings are hard to find, but the convertible pot metal moldings are virtually impossible to find. All are unique to that model, that year. The reason many people believe they are the same is because they have the same part number on the back. That's because the front parts of the moldings are the same and used the same casting. The convertible moldings are much longer, and are part numbers 1360956 and 57. The C-shaped molding (1360955) with the clips is shared with 62 and 63 convertibles, and is easier to find.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

my bad.... the 63-64' hardtop & ragtop share the same "door" pot metal mldgs. Correction taken.

Comment

Dave, do you require the rear SS moulding?
            I have a nice one if you want to PM me.
            Brian Greenall
            Melbourne, OZ
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
              my bad.... the 63-64' hardtop & ragtop share the same "door" pot metal mldgs. Correction taken.
              Yeah, been there, done that. No foul.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
              X