Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rising prices !!!

Hi All,
    Just had to share this bit of humour with you all !!!

Turner Brake are raising prices on economy kits ( He`s wishing to retire to the Bahamas any time soon !!!)

1) On Monday, May 16, 2016, a transaction in the amount of $243045.00 was declined at turner brake, an automotive parts and accessories retailer, in Noblesville, Indiana, United States. !!!!!!!

I didn`t ask if it included any senior discount !!!!
    Geoff

You must have read this on the internet, Al Gore said you can always believe it!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      You must have read this on the internet, Al Gore said you can always believe it!
      And I thought it was Abe Lincoln that said that !!!!!!!!!!
      But it wasn`t taken from the internet it was an email sent to me from my bank yesterday..........
      I contacted Jim and asked if he could add another zero so I could go with him !!!!!!
      Geoff

Comment

Yep, gotta make sure that "Dot" is in the right place--hate it when that happens

Comment

NOPE! My "fat fingers" got the extra $$ in there, too bad it did NOT go through! <G> Otherwise, I'd be gone already! DRAT! I had not even realized what I did until Geoff called.
          Damn, that means I gotta go back to work tomorrow. Geoff called me and was laughing a lot more then me! I've done that once or twice, not intentionally mind you. Geoff was a great sport. He did ask that if it did go through, could he join me in the Bahamas! I told him I send him a ticket, but since it didn't go through, no go.

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
            NOPE! My "fat fingers" got the extra $$ in there, too bad it did NOT go through! <G> Otherwise, I'd be gone already! DRAT! I had not even realized what I did until Geoff called.
            Damn, that means I gotta go back to work tomorrow. Geoff called me and was laughing a lot more then me! I've done that once or twice, not intentionally mind you. Geoff was a great sport. He did ask that if it did go through, could he join me in the Bahamas! I told him I send him a ticket, but since it didn't go through, no go.

Jim

Geoff

Comment

Ya hafta hang in there for another year or two, Jim. I'm searching for my next project and Turner Brakes are on the wish list. My 55 stops pretty darn well.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I want to retire from a 55-60 hour a week job! But, due to the affordable heath care act, my health insurance TRIPLED! and had to go to work, JUST for health insurance! My goal is to retire and spend more time on brake parts, but, I also realize, they DID quit making Studebakers over 50 years ago!! soone or later, i'll run out of cars that need an upgrade! <G>

Jim
                "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                their Memorials!

Comment

His web site is down, so maybe he is in the Bahamas already...

Comment

Jim
                    At 85 you should be on Medicare.

Obamacare got some bad news late Thursday afternoon. State officials in Indiana announced that premiums for residents buying insurance on their own next year would be 72 percent higher than the premiums such people typically pay this year. They also announced that the typical cost for an individual plan next year would be $570, up from $255 this year. “This new data regrettably confirms the negati...

Robert Kapteyn
                    Last edited by rkapteyn; 05-19-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Hey Bob! I'm NOT quite that old yet! <G> Although some days I fell like it!

Jim

their Memorials!

Comment

"...due to the affordable heath care act, my health insurance TRIPLED!"

That is exactly what mine has done since they made it "affordable".

Comment

You are in a Republican run state that rejected Obamacare.

Comment

Working...
                          X