Avanti Wingspan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Wingspan

A trivial observation... To fully open my Avanti doors, the garage must be at least 13'-4" wide.
    Last edited by Rerun; 05-07-2016, 06:54 AM.
    Jim Bradley
    Lake Monticello, VA
    '78 Avanti II
    sigpic

Indeed,.......I rarely open mine, choosing to enter and exit the car via climbing in the windows (ala NASCAR) those 1963 hinge's thank me all the time.....:-)
    Originally posted by Rerun View Post
    A trivial observation... To fully open my Avanti doors, the garage must be at least 13"-4" wide.

Comment

You think that's bad? Try a new Mustang, Camaro, or Challenger!! I have to be careful when stopping for gas in my Mustang, not to get too close to the pump island, or I can't open the door far enough to get out without hitting the pump, or steel poles on the island. Avantis weren't designed to park in your garage-just to be driven!

Comment

I think my garage qualifies as wide enough...except for the right door of the '02 Avanti...that is a long door.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P8101525 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	1705235
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I always thought they made Avanti's bodies kinda plastic so they wouldn't need a garage just because they were standing still...

Comment

The garage doors in my current home are each eight feet wide. This only allows room to get in and out of the cars. At my previous home, I added on a garage with a 16 foot wide garage door. We parked two cars in that part (four total), but if I wanted to work on or access a car, I could park it in the middle of the garage space and have 20 feet of width. I owned that home for 26 years and I have owned this home for 26 years (I guess that it is time to move <G>!). Of course, much of that time, I either worked part time or full time at businesses with commercial garages that I could use, but not now.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Good thing the Avanti doors are as big as they are. Can't imagine getting in if they were any smaller.
              Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
              jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                I think my garage qualifies as wide enough...except for the right door of the '02 Avanti...that is a long door.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53854[/ATTACH]

Nice garage!!
                Lew Schucart
                Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Working...
                X