Dyna mat or or sum other sticky insulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyna mat or or sum other sticky insulation

So I just want a couple of sheets to cover over were the climatizer is ,,, where do suggest I asked for , the companies? Or a speed shop , Maybe you ? Why , Because the climatizer is not hooked up since I bought it, and I have a Dealer installed heater under the dash that does work ( crudely) , and I am about to put down some new carpet , and just thought I could keep the road noise out, and possible exhaust gases, and the next guy can take it off if he wants too.... Thanks for the ideas,,, Mike 14x7

Same stuff. Works great
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Frost King duct wrap.

Comment

Peel and seal for me also
        Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

I was informed that asphalt base materials, like peel and seal, was a no no, it can burn. Butyl based rubberized compounds are what is in materials for automotive use. It is harder to find at hardware stores but there are some products out there. I have yet to find a good source for them. People have used the asphalt base materials with success but the risk is still there if there is excessive heat or fire.

This is a safer product but I have not used it so can't say for sure how well it works.

The trick is to find a butyl based material with a reflective aluminum outer side. The one above has a white side. Automotive products are made for sound deadening and as a heat barrier.

Len

P.S. This other stuff is better as it can be had in AF-15 2 mils aluminum foil, 15 mils butyl adhesive/sealant
          • AF-25 2 mils aluminum foil, 25 mils butyl adhesive / sealant

Leading manufacturer of standard & custom engineered pads, tapes & gaskets for a wide range of industrial & OEM applications. Discover H - O Products.

Leading manufacturer of standard & custom engineered pads, tapes & gaskets for a wide range of industrial & OEM applications. Discover H - O Products.

Before shipping it costs about $1.23 a square foot, which is a bargain but again I have not used it so can't say about how effective it is. The main issue is you have to but a minimum of 5 rolls to get that price from that vendor.
          Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2016, 05:03 AM.

Comment

What Skybolt said.
            Plus...that stuff noted above (bezhawk) is "NOT" the same as Dynamat.

What Skybolt is showing IS more like Dynamat. That add doesn't show how thick it is. Dynamat comes in a couple of different thicknesses and sizes.

Or...checkout what Summit of Jegs has to offer. They have more than just the Dynamat brand.

Mike

Comment

I used the Eastwood product and it works great. Half the cost of Dynamat and basically the same stuff.

Comment

I used Rattletrap 80 mil. Went on easy and stayed on. Got it from Amazon.
                Rick
                Kingman, AZ

Comment

I used the eastwood product and dynamite. The eastwood stuff is not good for vertical surfaces such as the firewall. You also need to plug any holes that the eastwood product is going to cover. The rubber backing will ooze down vertical surfaces and out any hole that is under the product.

Dynamat is a much better product. It can go on vertical surfaces without the rubber oozing out over time.

I put eastwood on my firewall to start with. This is where I discovered that the rubber backing would ooze down a vertical surface over time. I ended up putting eastwood on the floor after I put silver tape over all the little holes. I put dynamite on the remaining vertical surfaces without any more problems.
                  Wayne
                  "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic​

Comment

If your car is getting hot enough to ignite peel and seal, you've got far bigger problems than what kind of insulation you're using.

I've been using peel n seal for years on many different cars in many different applications. I've even used it to re-do an entire roof on an RV. It's some amazing stuff in the right application.

It's about 80% as effective as dynamat, but about 1/4 the cost. Some folks have complained of an asphalt or tar smell, but I've never experienced it. I wouldn't use it on overhead surfaces (roof, trunk lid, etc) and vertical surfaces need to be good and clean or it can 'slide' if it gets really hot, like SW USA desert hot.
                    -------------------
                    Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I\'m one tough sumbiatch!

Comment

I have used Dynamat on the last 3 Studebakers that I have worked on in the last 10 years......No problems with this product.
                      ........No oozing from the heat........Excellent sound proofing......Easy install.......You get what you pay for.............

Comment

I used FatMat, same as Dynamat, but a lot less expensive.

Jim
                        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                        their Memorials!

Comment

I have also used Peel and seal for years. I live right in the heat of it Phx az and never experienced any of the problems you guys are describing. I have an on my firewall on the out side I have it on my roof. I've been to Sacramento South Bend Denver California California California. And never experienced dripping sliding slipping or anything else you can think of for the money hands-down it's the best . And I drive my car it has never seen a trailer . Oh and that's with the Family on board. Have fun promoting that overpriced stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Flat Ernie View Post
                            If your car is getting hot enough to ignite peel and seal, you've got far bigger problems than what kind of insulation you're using.
                            My thoughts exactly!! Especially if you are just putting it on the interior walls of you cab
                            Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

I can't see a Climatizer getting hot enough to ignite anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X