Need transmission parts source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need transmission parts source

Hey, I've got a T10 four speed from a '62 Hawk and I need a few internal parts. Can anybody recommend a parts source? A business that & understands & sells parts for older transmissions- thanks- Jim

I have heard there is a place called Border's in California that has lots of the old stuff including Studebaker transmission parts. Also, Studebaker International has quite a bit. I've been told that if you need an input shaft your best bet is SI.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkBuilder View Post
      Hey, I've got a T10 four speed from a '62 Hawk and I need a few internal parts. Can anybody recommend a parts source? A business that & understands & sells parts for older transmissions- thanks- Jim
      Specifically which internal parts? Since Ford, GM and AMC all used the T10, the bearings, gaskets and synchros are all pretty much the same and readily available. The input shaft is Stude-only.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Your best bet is to get a parts book and tell us which parts you need and the part number. Vendors inventory their parts by part number.
        I probably have what you need.
        Robert Kapteyn
        studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Here are a couple of other resources that I have used.

Fatsco Transmission Parts - classic and antique automatic transmission parts from 1941-On.

http://www.nwtparts.com/
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

There is also Richmond Gear. They bought out the T-10 from Borg-Warner and still make the 4-Speed transmission. Short of the input shaft, I would think they'd have everything else...

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I used Fatsco in NJ for my F.O.M parts and when I went there they new the parts right away without even looking anything up.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                Here are a couple of other resources that I have used.

Fatsco Transmission Parts - classic and antique automatic transmission parts from 1941-On.

http://www.nwtparts.com/
                I have dealt with "http://www.nwtparts.com/" they knew their stuff and were quick to ship.
                sigpic
                55 President Deluxe
                64 Commander
                66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

I just finished up my 1962 T-10 for my Lark, all new gears 1-4 I was able to reuse my cluster gear
                  my input shaft (4th) came from Jon Meyer everything else is reproduction GM gears made in Italy that came from WWW.thegearbox.org I found they had the best prices.
                  there are 2 ratios in 62 close and wide the 2 ratios used were also used in Chevrolet so we are very lucky in that regard since the vintage "vette" crowd gave enough of a demand that all new quality internals are available.
                  Last edited by Pop's Chariot; 05-04-2016, 05:09 AM.
                  "Fords are cars Studebakers are Automobiles" -Jerry Washburn

Comment

You could try A&A Gear at 1402 E. Washington Blvd. in Los Angeles. Ask for George. (213-748-2194)

Comment

Don't know what you need but this seems like a good source: http://www.drivetrainpartslasvegas.c...ory_s/2083.htm

Comment

Working...
                      X