GH a la Harley Earl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GH a la Harley Earl...

Somebody went to plenty of trouble to make this Hawk tail-heavy...quoted as originally a '56 GH...

...the decklid looks like '64 GT to me, though hiding behind the spare tire; any guesses about the nose, which looks "off" as well in a way I can't make out...

S.

It's been discussed here recently. I do like the frenched grille, but not crazy about the Caddy fins at all.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The deck lid is pre-1964. Although all deck lids 1956(?) and on were basically the same lid with ribbing running lengthwise, '62 & '63 wore a stainless(?) checkered cover and 1964 had them leaded(?) and smoothed then painted. This 1964 treatment is what I believed to have read somewhere. Apparently it saved money over a new trunk die.

Comment

The Trunk Lid looks too be Stock,with the recessed area - not smooth like 64s.

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
        Somebody went to plenty of trouble to make this Hawk tail-heavy...quoted as originally a '56 GH...

...the decklid looks like '64 GT to me, though hiding behind the spare tire; any guesses about the nose, which looks "off" as well in a way I can't make out...

S.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
          It's been discussed here recently. I do like the frenched grille, but not crazy about the Caddy fins at all.
          So, I guess you're not a fan of this:

Last edited by JRoberts; 05-02-2016, 03:21 PM.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Yikes. Well, the door skins are still OK...and actually I like the wine-red hue...but otherwise...yikes! If it survived, though, it is a prime example of a wild "kustom" of the sort that used to appear on the front of hotrod or mechanic magazines, and it somehow became mine I'd try to preserve it that way. It certainly involved a lot of hard work, whatever anyone's view of the result might be...

Comment

So, I guess you're not a fan of this:
              Fright pig.
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Johnny Cash, your car is here in post #5!

Comment

Working...
                X