Bob Wills stretched car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Wills stretched car

A few days ago I saw a different picture of Bob Wills and band standing in front of this car. In the other picture the trim on the side of the hood looked a lot like a 1936 studebaker. It does not show up on this picture as well.
    What do you all think? Studebaker or not?

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

My guess is that it is a 30s Buick. Only GM cars in the 30s had a vent window in the rear glass behind the rear door. The shape of rear of the rear of the car is earlier than 1936, maybe 1934.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

My guess is that it is a 30s Buick. Only GM cars in the 30s had a vent window in the rear glass behind the rear door. The shape of rear of the rear of the car is earlier than 1936, maybe 1934.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

1934 Buick.

Terry

Comment

1934 Buick.

Terry

Comment

I take that back! It's a 1934 Oldsmobile - wrong hood louvre for a Buick.

Terry

Comment

I take that back! It's a 1934 Oldsmobile - wrong hood louvre for a Buick.

Terry

Comment

Darn! For a moment I thought I found another reason to like Bob Wills!
                Oh well! Guess the music's reason enough!

Charles Eck
                Essex, MD

'57 Commander 4 door sedan, 'Bluebird'
                '66 Ford F-250
                '53 John Deere 50

Studebakers were made to drive! (Besides, they don't get lost as easy in the Wal-Mart parking lot!)

Comment

Darn! For a moment I thought I found another reason to like Bob Wills!
                  Oh well! Guess the music's reason enough!

Charles Eck
                  Essex, MD

'57 Commander 4 door sedan, 'Bluebird'
                  '66 Ford F-250
                  '53 John Deere 50

Studebakers were made to drive! (Besides, they don't get lost as easy in the Wal-Mart parking lot!)

Comment

Working...
                  X