Blue Angels, Then and Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Angels, Then and Now

For those of you that wish to reminisce about the glorious past, this is a pleasant interlude.
    The F8F Bearcat--the last of the big radial engine fighter aircraft!
    From brake release, the Bearcat could climb to 10,000 feet faster than the F-4 Phantom.
    Blue Angels 1946:
    Al Taddeo, one of the original Blue Angels, died at the age of 94. Al was a Blue Angel from 1946 to 1947 flying Hell Cats and Bear Cats.
    This is a great video, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

That is an awesome video...
    I had the pleasure of doing some shows where the Blues were doing their demonstrations....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks for sharing, that was great!

Comment

Many years ago I was working part time in an office with three full time men. I don't remember how a discussion of the Blue Angels came up, but one of the men told an interesting story about the Blues (unverified). He said his brother (or cousin or some other near relative) was a Blue Angels pilot in the piston engine days. He said that they arrived at one air show in tight formation and landed in the same formation. Turned out, their wing tips were tied together.
        There is a pretty good, but unverified, article in Wikipedia that has tons of information about the Blue Angels from Day One to recent present. I was astounded to learn that over the years 26 pilots died in accidents, mainly in training, but also in air shows. That's approximately ten percent of all Blue Angels pilots. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Angels#1940s
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
        X