X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooding in Houston

This is why it's posted here.

From here http://www.houstonchronicle.com/loca...#photo-9830839

Wonder if that is barry'd in studes place - know he is in the Houston area.

Comment

Yup.......Now I know how Studebakers really got their rust............

Comment

Wow.....incredible (and sad) photo....

Comment

I knew who's place that had to be when my Son had that facebook Page picture on his Computer Yesterday.

I do not think anyone else in the World has THAT many C and K Bodies, some of us have more Studes, but not Hardtops and Coupes.

But I am very sorry to see them half buried in water though.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

No! I can't look! It's just too much.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

flooded Studes

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
              No! I can't look! It's just too much.
              Those cars do not belong to me, and they are just rusty, stripped hulks, so no big deal with the flood waters and no great loss. They belong to my friend Richard and are stored an hour west of Houston, near the Brazos river. The better ones have been sold to Tony Moisley in Australia, and the remaining hulks are currently listed on ebay if anyone wants to buy a collection of hulks for parts or scrap metal. I bought all of the good sheet metal from him in '13 when he was moving. I will very possibly buy the lot & will be selling or saving any good parts that may be left prior to scrapping them.

My outdoor-stored cars were sitting a 5" of water for a while, but no flooding here next to IAH.
              Last edited by TX Rebel; 04-22-2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Here is the link to the auction:

Funny that he listed this 2 days before the flood! He sure knows how to get free media coverage- the Donald could learn from him LOL.
                Stated reserve price "Is about half of scrap value", which ain't much with scrap about 3 cents/lb, but with that many cars to load & haul, it represents a considerable investment in time & fuel, even for me as close as I am. Current bid is 99 cents but watch for the snipers!
                Seller is a great guy to deal with and will treat you right, from my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post

If Studebakers were Alligators.... .
                  '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Does that Hawk "lower center" have the Radio Speaker Grille still intact ?

Originally posted by wittsend View Post

If Studebakers were Alligators.... .
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Barry, I remember what your place looked like when I stopped in two years ago for some small parts. When I first saw the picture, I first thought that might be your place, and my next thought was not for the cars, but your house and garage. It's good to hear you didn't get so much water. I hope your friend Richard wasn't impacted too bad.
                      Mark L

Comment

I bought my car from Richard when he was at his previous location; he sure has had a few tough times in more recent years and I wish him well - a real nice guy. When I finished the restoration of my car, I was able to share photos with him, which he really appreciated.
                        Richard
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X