Brake Pedal Ratio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Pedal Ratio?

I'd like to know the Brake Pedal Ratio on a '63 Avanti. Anyone here on the Forum have the answer?
    Thanks
    John

Here's how?
    Whether your vehicle has power or manual brakes, pedal ratio is important. If you are experiencing a hard pedal you
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Thanks Bill

Comment

Approx 5.25 to 1. The top measurement is 1.9" and from the center of the hole for the master to the center of the brake pedal pad is 10.5". But as the pedal swings the ratio changes slightly.

Comment

Thanks Alan. Laying on the floor of my Avanti, to measure this, rates just below a root canal work.
          John

Comment

The ratio is 4.8 to one per the disc brake design paper from Bendix

http://www.studebaker-info.org/Other...xdbmanual.html page 3 of 16 corrected the page number --sorry
            Last edited by karterfred88; 04-18-2016, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I don't know about hanging pedals, but in the "in the floor pedal" years, the ratio was different for power brake cars than for non-power brake cars. But you probably already know that.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Thanks to all that replied. I obtained exactly what I needed. I appreciate it.
                John

Comment

Working...
                X