Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the first Year for Factory Equipped 4 Speed Hawks ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the first Year for Factory Equipped 4 Speed Hawks ?

Talked to a Fella the other Day,says His Father bought a New Super Charged Golden Hawk.His Father didn't want the OD,so He ordered the 4 Speed. so was this possible?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

61 was the first year for production cars. How many times we have heard of G.T. Hawks being called "Golden Hawks", right? His father may have had a (supercharged) 63 which would have been possible.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

The '63-'64 style (bell pattern) Borg Warner T-10 four speed transmission is a practical (& fun) replacement for a broken T-85 transmission in a stick '58 Golden or Packard Hawk though!.....'57 GH also with a bit of floor massaging!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        The '63-'64 style (bell pattern) Borg Warner T-10 four speed transmission is a practical (& fun) replacement for a broken T-85 transmission in a stick '58 Golden or Packard Hawk though!.....'57 GH also with a bit of floor massaging!
        May be, but the only broken T85 I have ever seen was one that had been ran dry of oil.

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
          Talked to a Fella the other Day,says His Father bought a New Super Charged Golden Hawk.His Father didn't want the OD,so He ordered the 4 Speed. so was this possible?
          I see your question has already been answered, Joe...I suppose he could have ordered a 4-speed, but the order would necessarily have been refused! BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            May be, but the only broken T85 I have ever seen was one that had been ran dry of oil.
            A Studebaker '63-'64 T-10 four speed trans would certainly be much easier to locate than a 'long tail' Studebaker T-85 o/d. (If someone indeed did need T-85)

However, if I were in need of that 'long tail' Stude T-85 o/d I'd think about using a somewhat more plentiful Ford version, and swapping in a Studebaker T-85 or T-10 input shaft!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
              However, if I were in need of that 'long tail' Stude T-85 o/d I'd think about using a somewhat more plentiful Ford version, and swapping in a Studebaker T-85 or T-10 input shaft!
              Has it actually been confirmed this will work on all Ford T85s? The only Ford long-tailed T85 I've ever owned used different gear ratios and a Stude input shaft would not have worked in it.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

Working...
              X