Coupe Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe Express

You guys may have been correct to recommend I buy the two CE projects. This one went for 9K.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

[?] It "went" for $9,000, John? Doesn't the auction list the high bidder at $9,099 with Reserve Not Met? Doesn't that mean it did not sell? [?] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

[?] It "went" for $9,000, John? Doesn't the auction list the high bidder at $9,099 with Reserve Not Met? Doesn't that mean it did not sell? [?] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well, crap, I thought the owner would be over the moon about the 9K, but that's even better news I guess.

JDP/Maryland
        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
        spent to date $54664,75
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,439.30
        63 Lark 2 door
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Well, crap, I thought the owner would be over the moon about the 9K, but that's even better news I guess.

JDP/Maryland
          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
          spent to date $54664,75
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,439.30
          63 Lark 2 door
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I'm not sure why it would be better news. The MARKET placed the value at $9k...doesn't really matter what the OWNER thinks it is worth.

I keep thinking about that one at Omaha that sold for $14k. Running, driving, complete, not rusty. Even looked quite good. I think that was a good value, however, and probably could have been ebayed for more.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I'm not sure why it would be better news. The MARKET placed the value at $9k...doesn't really matter what the OWNER thinks it is worth.

I keep thinking about that one at Omaha that sold for $14k. Running, driving, complete, not rusty. Even looked quite good. I think that was a good value, however, and probably could have been ebayed for more.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

I agree, the ebay value was set at the 9K high bid, but since it did not make reserve, my trucks might seem a bargain for a lower reserve. Anything a bit over 10K for the two trucks and the cap, and I'll be OK.

JDP/Maryland
                63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                spent to date $54664,75
                64 R2 GT (Sid)
                spent to date $62,439.30
                63 Lark 2 door
                51 Commander
                39 Coupe express
                39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I agree, the ebay value was set at the 9K high bid, but since it did not make reserve, my trucks might seem a bargain for a lower reserve. Anything a bit over 10K for the two trucks and the cap, and I'll be OK.

JDP/Maryland
                  63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                  spent to date $54664,75
                  64 R2 GT (Sid)
                  spent to date $62,439.30
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  51 Commander
                  39 Coupe express
                  39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Just a guess, but for what's there I wouldn't be surprised to find out the seller had a buddy (e***a) bidding it up, I've seen it before especially if the buddy knows what the reserve price is. $9099 for that is just crazy.

Lee

Comment

Just a guess, but for what's there I wouldn't be surprised to find out the seller had a buddy (e***a) bidding it up, I've seen it before especially if the buddy knows what the reserve price is. $9099 for that is just crazy.

Lee

Comment

No signs of typical shill bidding since the two high bidders were also bidding on quite a few other ebay motors auction and have high feedback. 9K for a steel body is peanuts to a rodder that's shopping for that model.

JDP/Maryland
                        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                        spent to date $54664,75
                        64 R2 GT (Sid)
                        spent to date $62,439.30
                        63 Lark 2 door
                        51 Commander
                        39 Coupe express
                        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

No signs of typical shill bidding since the two high bidders were also bidding on quite a few other ebay motors auction and have high feedback. 9K for a steel body is peanuts to a rodder that's shopping for that model.

JDP/Maryland
                          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                          spent to date $54664,75
                          64 R2 GT (Sid)
                          spent to date $62,439.30
                          63 Lark 2 door
                          51 Commander
                          39 Coupe express
                          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Guys,

I saw that truck being advertised on the HAMB for $16,000 so I suspect that $9,099 was still quite a ways from the reserve price. I'm not going to get into whether that CE is worth that much but there certainly is a perception out there tha these trucks are worth stratospheric prices. Furthermore there are plenty of examples that tend to reinforce this perception.

My 2 cents,

Thor

Comment

Guys,

I saw that truck being advertised on the HAMB for $16,000 so I suspect that $9,099 was still quite a ways from the reserve price. I'm not going to get into whether that CE is worth that much but there certainly is a perception out there tha these trucks are worth stratospheric prices. Furthermore there are plenty of examples that tend to reinforce this perception.

My 2 cents,

Thor

Comment

Working...
                              X