French Lake Auto Parts in Minnesota getting over 20 Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Lake Auto Parts in Minnesota getting over 20 Studebakers

French Lake is cleaning up the remaining Studebakers that Kenny James had on his property today.
    Mostly Larks and 4 doors. At least 1 bulletnose,a Conestoga wagon,couple of sliding roof Wagonaires and 3 GT Hawks.
    I removed a '58 Hawk yesterday and purchased all of the NOS and used parts from his building.
    I'll post pics of the stuff as I remove it.
    Here is a teaser of the heavy items I am not crazy to be dealing with although my wife says I had to be crazy to buy all the parts.
    I have counted 5 engines with P designations and will be getting serial numbers to verify they are 289's.Click image for larger version

Name:	stude engines.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1750716
    Mono mind in a stereo world

I say thank you for stepping up to help save these valuable parts. What does French Lake plan on doing with the cars?
    Judging by the one photo you posted it appears there are some good usable parts there. Those engines are a treasure. I am sure I speak for many on this forum that we will be looking forward to an inventory list to see what we might be able to use for our own vehicles.
    Thank you again bob40. I do not think you were crazy!
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Was Mr. James a fellow you mentioned a year or two ago that wanted to sell out and then changed his mind? I recall some pictures of a 63 four door with front discs and another Lark or two that had eaton ps pumps.

Jeff T
      \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
      The Replacements.

Comment

Bob, will you be auctioning these items on Ebay? If so, please post a link to your auctions when the time comes. I look forward to the pictures!
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Bob, Good on you for saving all those parts. Hope you make a fortune or at least enough to pay for the hernia surgery. Bob

Comment

We're there any 62 Lark sedans with rust free shells?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
              What does French Lake plan on doing with the cars?
              French lake will try to sell the cars or sell parts off them. Cars that dont sell they crush.

Comment

Answers to questions and comments.
                A. Your welcome.Kenny was a good Studebaker man and I am fine with ending up with the parts.
                B.Yes,he was.All the "good" cars...the Speedster,the Golden Hawks,trucks etc were saved by family or good friends.The family did try selling to anyone even going as far as handing out a list of the cars at swapmeets and the swapmeet in Wisconsin but had small success.
                C.Not sure if ebay will be the option.With the International in South Bend next year I may save a lot for that. It will take me weeks to get the parts home and months to inventory it all. I will probably post a thread when the inventory is complete.For example,there are somewhere near 25 NOS Delco shock absorbers,over 250 hubcaps and wheel covers,500 plus NOS parts.Anyone who had been to Kenny's place knew how much he had.I also got the contents of the school buses and small sheds so there is a lot to go through.
                D. No.There was no rust free shells.
                E. What Evilhawk said is true.

Comment

NOS 52 Hard top beltline trim?
                  I know it's a long shot but it you find one I got dibs!

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
                    NOS 52 Hard top beltline trim?
                    I know it's a long shot but it you find one I got dibs!

Dean.
                    I went to French Lake last week, but didnt see any 52s. I saw earlier 50s and 53s and later. Ill check again if I go there this Thursday.

Comment

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Bob, and I hope they are rewarded.

Was Mr. James. the fellow featured on American Pickers last year, with the collapsing sheds and such? BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by evilhawk View Post
                        I went to French Lake last week, but didnt see any 52s. I saw earlier 50s and 53s and later. Ill check again if I go there this Thursday.
                        See if they have a Lark type Prestolite alternator.
                        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

No. That was Jim Barr of Wisconsin.

Comment

I remember seeing a Prestolite alternator, but I think it was in a GT Hawk and was in rough shape.. Ill let you know if I find a better one in a Lark type.

Comment

Thank you!
                              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Working...
                              X