Looked at a Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked at a Avanti

Today I took of with a buddy to a metalmeet regional get together.Walked in the door and local SDC member Henry Votel was welding and grinding on a set of truck fenders.I knew there was a '63 Avanti sitting in a shed on the property so Henry and I went to look at it.Car is completely disassembled,didnt see the engine or trans anywhere.Body tag read RO 3439.I couldnt find the serial number tag as I couldnt remember where to look for it. It is a 4-spd car and the owner claims it is a R2 car.Curious as to what info can be learned off the body tag.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Nothin........that I'm aware of. Get the factory build sheet from the museum for 25 bucks, as I recall. It will tell all. Oh, you'll need the vin no. it is on the right frame rail next to the oil filter.

wagone

Comment

Nothin........that I'm aware of. Get the factory build sheet from the museum for 25 bucks, as I recall. It will tell all. Oh, you'll need the vin no. it is on the right frame rail next to the oil filter.

wagone

Comment

Nothing much without the build sheet to match it to serial numbers. I'd guess it was built somewhere in the spring of 63.

JDP/Maryland
        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
        spent to date $54664,75
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,439.30
        63 Lark 2 door
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Nothing much without the build sheet to match it to serial numbers. I'd guess it was built somewhere in the spring of 63.

JDP/Maryland
          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
          spent to date $54664,75
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,439.30
          63 Lark 2 door
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

If engine and tranny are out of the car, the VIN TAG should have been visible on the frame rail. It is located on the right side just behind the wheel. That number tells it all.

See you in the future as I write about our past
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

If engine and tranny are out of the car, the VIN TAG should have been visible on the frame rail. It is located on the right side just behind the wheel. That number tells it all.

See you in the future as I write about our past
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
              X