Hybrid View??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid View??????

Is it just my computer, or are the rest of you seeing this as well????

At about the same time the announcement about working on upgrading the forum server service...the way the threads display changed. Is this change going to be permanent? I'm using an old windows vista computer system. On my iphone, nothing has changed. I tried to change the "view" back to what I was accustomed to, but without success. I'm just wondering if it is something I changed accidentally, or are others experiencing it too?
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

no problem here. is it larger or smaller text? the size can be changed by using the "ctrl" and either + or - at the same time to make those changes.

if not, more info will be needed for all the 'puter gurus here. (i'm not one)...
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Hi John
      i noticed it the other day , but right now it looks like the normal view that we are use to

Comment

Near the upper right corner where it say "display", click there and change the setting to linear.
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
          Near the upper right corner where it say "display", click there and change the setting to linear.
          Thanks Chip! I still say this computer is one of the best hundred buck deals ever! One of the quirks I've learned to put up with is a jumping cursor. Every now and then, it will, without warning, decide to mysteriously fly off to another location. If this happens while you are typing, it does goofy things like "send" an e mail or "submit" a forum post when you are not ready. This time, it apparently changed the "display" while I was not looking. I had tried looking in "settings," and also in the upper left when navigating from the "What's New" page there is a button for "Activity Stream," that changes to a display that I don't care for.

To get the tools, you pointed out, you have to click on a thread and then those options (including "display') appear. This time, I think the pesky little cursor created some mischief while I was not looking. Thank you for pointing this out. No matter what happens the rest of the day...I've already learned something new (to me).
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            One of the quirks I've learned to put up with is a jumping cursor. Every now and then, it will, without warning, decide to mysteriously fly off to another location. If this happens while you are typing, it does goofy things like "send" an e mail or "submit" a forum post when you are not ready.
            John, are you using a 'regular' mouse with a laptop that has a touchpad built into it? If so, sometimes you can accidently swipe over the touchpad and make the cursor do crazy things. I disabled the touchpad on my laptop, and since then no 'flying cursor'.
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
              John, are you using a 'regular' mouse with a laptop that has a touchpad built into it? If so, sometimes you can accidently swipe over the touchpad and make the cursor do crazy things. I disabled the touchpad on my laptop, and since then no 'flying cursor'.
              This is one of those old Dell Latitudes like the military used. It is heavy and built like a tank. I only use the touchpad, but it also had one of those goofy pencil eraser looking things in the middle of the keyboard. The jumping cursor was even worse when it was working. I disabled that and it is not nearly as bad as it was. However, it still occasionally goes a little haywire.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

This is one of those old Dell Latitudes like the military used. It is heavy and built like a tank. I only use the touchpad, but it also had one of those goofy pencil eraser looking things in the middle of the keyboard. The jumping cursor was even worse when it was working. I disabled that and it is not nearly as bad as it was. However, it still occasionally goes a little haywire.
                Oh yeah, those pencil eraser things......I call them 'nipple mouses' . I actually like those, they work better for me than the touchpad.
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I had a Dell laptop at work a few years ago that did the same thing from day one. Dell first replaced the keyboard and then replaced the whole thing.

Comment

Nothing on my XP system nor my wife's Windows 7 machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
                      Nothing on my XP system nor my wife's Windows 7 machine.
                      Apparently, it was me & my computer...explained way up in post #5.
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                      X