Registries?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registries?....

....Should they list using the body number or serial number? I have started the 64 Daytona J-body registry using just the body numbers....suppose I should list both?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Every registry is set up different. The GT hawk and 56/57 hawk registries uses the serial numbers but the body numbers should work just as well. I just appreciate you taking on the endeavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
      ....Should they list using the body number or serial number? I have started the 64 Daytona J-body registry using just the body numbers....suppose I should list both?
      Lou, on the 64 Daytona Convertible Registry I show serial numbers, engine numbers and body numbers, as well as build date, assuming of course all were received. I also show options. I think the more information that you have is appreciated.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Are either the body number or serial number in sequential order?...which would be easier to list?
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

And why have registries? Are they going to be drafted or something like that?

Seems like a pointless effort and may kind of violate a person's want for privacy on what kind and how many Studes they might own.

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
            And why have registries? Are they going to be drafted or something like that?

Seems like a pointless effort and may kind of violate a person's want for privacy on what kind and how many Studes they might own.
            Participation is voluntary.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Vehicle serial numbers were assigned sequentially as they came down the line. Body numbers were assigned to bodies as they were built -- but they were then stockpiled until needed and were NOT used in sequence. They were assigned primarily so that dealers could keep track of the limited mid-year running changes in body features, and have no other significance.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                Are either the body number or serial number in sequential order?...which would be easier to list?
                Lou, access the 64 Daytona Convertible Registry through the SDC home page. You'll note that the serial number comes first, followed by the build date. If I received the other numbers they are recorded in the 'Details'. It seems that the participants were generally happy with this format. But maybe J-body owners would prefer something different. You'll soon find out if they respond here.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Larry Tholen assumed responsibility for the Rockne registry some years ago.
                  He established a reference criteria that included the Serial Number, body number, engine number, owner, location and condition (restored, original, parts, custom, etc.)
                  This allows reference on originals, those that have been street rodded, as well as those only capable of organ transplants. As vehicles and their components change hands these need to be updated. It is perhaps not as much concern to the multitude of later production Studebakers but, as registries go, Larry done it right!
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Body numbers are just a point of interest, and have really NO significance at all, since they were never used in sequence and the Bodies were randomly attached to random Serial Numbered Complete Cars.

Never list the respondent's Cars by Body Number in a Roster.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I would use excell and do both, that way they are searchable.

Comment

Working...
                      X