Patty Duke-Studebaker Lark Owner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patty Duke-Studebaker Lark Owner?

I just saw on MSN website that Patty Duke had died. It was just a short mention of her Oscar and TV show back in the 60's which she played "Identical Cousins"

Having half a brain that is filled with useless trivia, I do remember reading one of my teenage sister teen idol magazines which listed various popular stars of the times with a bio listing likes and things. Patty Duke had listed Studebaker Lark as her car.

Can anyone confirm this? Or was it just studio publicity to make her appear down to earth?

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ
    Home of Lazarus and Meshach

I cannot confirm that one, however, when I was an actor in Hollywood I drove a Studebaker Commander Coupe to the studios and often saw other Studebakers in the actor's parking lot. At the time I was not really interested in who drove them. In hind sight it might have been fun to know.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I vaguely remember Buena Vista Studios had more than a few Studebakers too. The only reason I can remember this is my Mother refused to park by one. I remember someone had a white Shark-nosed Hawk, that I and my Brother loved to see. Looking back, that must have been a... what, '58 Packard-Hawk? Only vague memories, Cmon, I was what... six or seven at most.
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

That is interesting! I always though actors drove high end cars, not that Studebakers are not high end. I would have figured the big Three would have a lock.

I do remember the band leader Frankie Carle took delivery of a brand new 59 Lark Hardtop from the factory newsletter. I wonder if the sage of Studebaker (Studebaker Wheel) has any information in his collection about Patty Duke taking delivery of a Lark.

Bob Miles
        Tucson AZ

Comment

How about movie producers?

Click image for larger version

Name:	54 zanuk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	1704443
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

He could have chosen any car at all! As I remember, Lathrop Hoffman was the son of Paul Hoffman. 54 was a low production year too. I wonder if the car survives

Bob Miles
            Tucson AZ

Comment

Hey, actors often had good taste and were thrifty. Studebaker styling was always very appealing, even to those who could afford more. And, to be honest, most actors were/are just scraping by so good, affordable, reliable transportation was a must.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/hbo/2...t-40-chrysler/ all i can find

Comment

Working...
                X