1959 Lark VIII 4-door available near Olympia WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Lark VIII 4-door available near Olympia WA

There's a nice looking 1959 Lark VIII 4-door available near Olympia WA, but it may have some engine problems.

The seller was originally asking $10,000, but recently dropped the price nearly $4,000 when he discovered it may have a problem with the engine. Maybe a few of the valves are sticking.

He may be trying to flip it. I seem to remember a widow recently advertising this car for a much lower price. It was gone for a while, then showed up again at a much higher price and a long description.
    Mark L

Yeah it originally was advertised in Bellevue, then appeared later down south for about double the $$. Nice car tho....

Comment

Just the paint and interior are worth four grand, if that actually is his asking price now.
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The asking price as of today is $6200.00
        Mark L

Comment

He calls the car a Regal Deluxe, but it looks to me like a Deluxe, not a Regal. He also calls it a sub-compact. When Studebaker launched the car, it was called a compact. Today, it would be called a full size.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

too bad they painted that terrible purple color. It does look clean, but you'd need to crawl under it for the best look.

Comment

Looks like it might be missing the grille surround, but other than that, it appears to have all the Regal parts it should.
              Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

The dead giveaway is the Regal Door Panels and the Regal window surround mouldings, some Deluxes have the Regal Dash from the Factory, and so many have the Chrome Grille surround and Headlight Rings added.

What IS Rare is a '59 Regal that still has it's Tail light Chrome plastic rings.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  What IS Rare is a '59 Regal that still has it's Tail light Chrome plastic rings.
                  I wish someone would reproduce those plastic rings! I spoke with Chuck Collins about it last year at La Palma & he wasn't a bit interested. Too bad.
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
                    too bad they painted that terrible purple color. It does look clean, but you'd need to crawl under it for the best look.
                    Looks blue on my computer...............
                    Paul
                    Winston-Salem, NC
                    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      .......What IS Rare is a '59 Regal that still has it's Tail light Chrome plastic rings.
                      Does it count if they're not on the car?

Comment

Skinny, I recognize the machine that the tail lamp lenses are sitting on - looks like a Sun Master Motor Tester. Here is a pic of mine (which is for sale):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sun Master Motor Tester.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1704408
                        Paul
                        Winston-Salem, NC
                        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Yep, I sold the base cabinet and use the rest for a cool E-Bay photo back drop.

Comment

Working...
                          X