X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An other Studebaker generation

Robert Kapteyn

Great story!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

We have a 5 generation family in our chapter.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I don't understand why the baby seat couldn't be belted into the back seat of the Champion. We did it with our car back in '87 when I brought my son home. Granted, it was a Chevrolet, not a Studebaker. and thirty years newer. Still the belts would be similar and should work with a modern baby-carrier.
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
          I don't understand why the baby seat couldn't be belted into the back seat of the Champion. We did it with our car back in '87 when I brought my son home. Granted, it was a Chevrolet, not a Studebaker. and thirty years newer. Still the belts would be similar and should work with a modern baby-carrier.
          Some modern car seats are not designed for seat belts, but rather anchor points that the seat hooks to that are built into the seat.
          1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Ah, see what happens when one gets old? I just read 'safety laws' prevented the baby from riding in the Champion.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
              It depends. My son's car seat works with lap belts, it has a dog bone piece that secures the belt to prevent it from loosening. I also know someone that has installed the clips from a newer car so that a car seat can easily be clipped in easier.

Comment

Fun to hear.
                I'll be posting soon, in high school I owned a 63 Lark. Last week I saw the exact caw forsale on craigslist. My oldest son will be driving in a a few years, going to fix the car up and he'll soon be driving my high school car.

Comment

Working...
                X