Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 Volt LED Brake Running light Bulbs - Where do I find them? - 41 Commander Land Crusier 11A B3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Volt LED Brake Running light Bulbs - Where do I find them? - 41 Commander Land Crusier 11A B3

Hello Guys. Somewhere I recently read on this forum or Facebook (or somewhere) about someone who had found a source for super bright LED 6 volt taillight bulbs. Anybody know the link for that source? Thanks.
    I have a 41 Commander 11A B3. (I remember that the person recommended getting the red LED setup) Also will the ground type make a difference? (positive ground)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by johnwbechtel; 03-17-2016, 06:56 AM.

I don't have the source for you, just another data point.

I bought two different types of 12V LED bulbs and neither were as bright as my incandescent 1157 once I cleaned my lenses and painted the inside of the taillight housing bright white. There is one other style of LED light I considered trying, but have gone a different route with braking visibility (pulsing third brake light).
    -------------------
    Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I\'m one tough sumbiatch!

Comment

George Rorbach might still have some...

This website is for sale! highspeedmotors.com is your first and best source for information about highspeedmotors. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Just put in a double set of bulbs and a larger candle power bulb.

Comment

I found some 6-volt LED equivalents to 1158's at Hershey last year. They were available only in red, but we're very bright. I liked them, but they do make the license plate light lens glow red along with the tail lights. They were polarity specific. The little box they came in said "Positive ground".

I'll look for the contact information for the vendor. I think they were in the Bronx or maybe Yonkers. I'll post if I can find the information. Tom

Comment

LEDs

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            George Rorbach might still have some...

http://www.highspeedmotors.com/
            Sorry, I am all out of the 6 volt positive ground. I still have 6 volt negative, but they can't be used on your Studebaker.
            George Rohrbach

Comment

You might check this site out.

Comment

I bought LED Tailight Bulbs for my 1949 Land Cruiser from Bill Hirsch Newark, NJ. www.hirschauto.com 1-800-828-2061.
                The new bulbs work fine and provide a much brighter light. I added the new bulbs prior to driving to the St. Louis Meet last summer.
                sigpicBob Coolidge
                DeLand, FL

Comment

Well, it took me a while, but I finally came up with the contact information for the vendor that I bought my 6-volt LED taillight bulbs from at Hershey. The name is Roy Sagala Phone number 718-643-1000. e-mail sagala@juno.com

Tom

Comment

I saw this website mentioned in another thread and see they have 6 volt leds. https://www.superbrightleds.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X