Longest ownership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longest ownership?

I just realized that I have been the sole owner of my '79 Avanti for 36 years...bought her brand new when I was 18 ....anyone owned their Studebaker long than that?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

There are several people on the forum who bought their Studebakers brand new, Lou. Paul Johnson and George Krem come to mind, and there are several others.

It will be interesting to see how far back we go in response to your query. (I'm a piker at having owned my 1964 Daytona hardtop "only" 39 years come September.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

We have a member here in South Carolina who owns a 64 GT, and an Avanti he bought new. He does not participate on the forum. I've owned my truck for over 40 years, but, since I was only ten years old when it was new...no, I did not buy it new. Just "new" to me.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I've owned my 63 hardtop for 38 years and a 63 convert for 33 years.

Comment

We bought our truck in 1972 we are the second owner.

Dusty Taylor

Comment

I've owned RQA-0381 (1970) since it was new...
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Boy oh boy, I'm a piker. I've only owned my Lark for 25 years. I thought I was hot stuff.

Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
                Boy oh boy, I'm a piker. I've only owned my Lark for 25 years. I thought I was hot stuff.

Rog
                ...and so did I!
                Lou Van Anne
                62 Champ
                64 R2 GT Hawk
                79 Avanti II

Comment

I bought our 1947 Champion sedan on July.3.1973, so this is the 43rd year.
                  Last edited by Greenstude; 08-16-2016, 12:24 PM.
                  Bill Jarvis

Comment

Bought my 63 Avanti, Memorial Day weekend 1979.

Jim
                    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                    their Memorials!

Comment

I had my 52 Champion almost exactly 40 years before I sold it 4 years ago.
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Mr. George Burriss of Atlanta drives a 1963 Cruiser that he bought new. It still looks about that way now. He also has an Avanti, but I don't remember the year. The Cruiser would be in his possession longer anyway.

Comment

I bought my 1953 Commander Coupe [4H-C3] in May of 1977.
                          Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

Comment

Al Crisi in Estes Park, CO, has a list of all known current owners of Studebakers that they bought new. As I recall, there were several members who bought their Studebakers new in the 1950s--and they still have them. I'll check with Al. He is not on the Forum and is not very well, but his mind is still sharp at the age of 95+.

Al and Barbara bought their 1962 GT Hawk new, and they still have the car. It's in great shape.

George
                            george krem

Comment

I bought my 54 Coupe, seen below, in 1971 for a whopping $50. I was in high school at the time.
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X