Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940 K10 Fast Transport Express

Hello all,

I have the chance to acquire a 1940 K10 from an elderly family member. Attached should be a few pictures. I apologize for the poor quality. I should be able to get better ones in a few weeks.

There's not much information on these trucks, but from what I found these are relatively "rare" with only a handful of known examples left. This K10 has an unknown bed from another truck and a 2 Ton Weaver Auto Crane. Its former life was as a tow truck. She has sat since the late 70's unmolested.

Can anyone place a value on what they think the truck is worth?

Thank you for your time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	StudeK10_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1750547Click image for larger version

Name:	StudeK10_2.jpg
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1750548Click image for larger version

Name:	StudeK10_3.jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1750549Click image for larger version

Name:	StudeK10_4.jpg
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1750550Click image for larger version

Name:	StudeK10_5.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1750551

Wow. So, for the viewers I ask, what was the size of the Big Six engine before the Commander 245. I assume that's what six cylinder this is as it looks different than the Commander Six. Very impressive looking.

Comment

The Big 6 was 226 ci in 1940. As used in the K10, horsepower was 75.

Terry

Comment

Skip Lackie

Comment

I purchased a 1940 K10 with a standard be in January for $2800. From your pictures, I'd say the condition of the one your are looking at is about the same as mine. If you decide to pass, let me know becasue I would be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe Express View Post
            I purchased a 1940 K10 with a standard be in January for $2800. From your pictures, I'd say the condition of the one your are looking at is about the same as mine. If you decide to pass, let me know becasue I would be interested.
            If you'd sell yours for $2800, I'd be interested. ;>)

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

Just last week I finished scanning most all the literature in my K10 file. About 100 scans. Includes a roster of known examples. Let me know if you need anything.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0212 copy.jpg
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1704203
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
                The Big 6 was 226 ci in 1940. As used in the K10, horsepower was 75.

Terry
                Thank you.

Comment

buy it . . . .

Comment

Thank you all for the information. I'm trying to determine fair value since it is part of an estate. I feel that $2,800 is very low. The only thing I can find out there is linked below...please chime in if you think otherwise!

Comment

Thank you Mr. Quinn. I love the picture. I printed it out and taped it to my bland apartment wall...haha.

Comment

Originally posted by YogiBear View Post
                        Thank you all for the information. I'm trying to determine fair value since it is part of an estate. I feel that $2,800 is very low. The only thing I can find out there is linked below...please chime in if you think otherwise!

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Ca...-Pickup/Values
                        FWIW, opinions from those with no money or those of us who'd like a steal deal are questionable. On very rare vehicles which don't change hands often, NADA guides are just a quasi-expert opinion from one who'll never be asked to back it up with cash. The only real world way is to do a good presentation on eBay and what it sells for is what it's worth as is and today.

jack vines
                        PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                          FWIW, opinions from those with no money or those of us who'd like a steal deal are questionable. On very rare vehicles which don't change hands often, NADA guides are just a quasi-expert opinion from one who'll never be asked to back it up with cash. The only real world way is to do a good presentation on eBay and what it sells for is what it's worth as is and today.

jack vines
                          Great advice, thank you Jack.

Comment

You cram that on Ebay, and I'm breakin my Piggy....

Comment

Style-wise, the K10 is my all-time favorite Stude truck, but what are the ergonometrics? The only reason I've never owned a Coupe Express is the cab is just too small for me. Is there more head and leg room in a K10?

Jack Vines
                              PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                              X