• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready your tools and gird yer coins purse. CL prospects

'48 Vert in Buffalo--been up quite a while

Rebuilt flathead. Bodywork needed:

'64 Hawk in Dallas for $7,500:

Last edited by drpreposterous; 03-08-2016, 05:41 PM. Reason: Wanna eat up all your calendar space? CL prospects

I think this is a 63 Hawk.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Sometimes I wonder why that happens so often on Studebakers.
      I can understand how not everyone understands them like we do, but I am sure at least some are going on some sort of documentation or SOMETHING that makes them think they are the wrong year model.

There probably ARE Titles that somehow got the Year Sold mixed up with the Year Model, or they were in some State that could not properly show both, the way Calif. does, but it still bugs me.
      WHY does it happen so often?

Another thing many do not understand is the Overdrive. This one appears to be a Standard Three Speed as he says, but many do have Overdrive and they either do not know or do not think it important to mention, but actually it IS a very Big deal.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The trunk lid says 62 or 63, not a 64 trunk.
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

I'm diggin the Buffalo Convertible. Sounds like the guy is still working on it while its for sale.
          1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Sometimes I wonder why that happens so often on Studebakers.

I can understand how not everyone understands them like we do, but I am sure at least some are going on some sort of documentation or SOMETHING that makes them think they are the wrong year model.
            It is inexcusable on 1959 thru first-series 1964 cars, as the model year is part of both the serial number and the body number.

Craig

Comment

The Hawk is an early 1963 as it has the 62 type dash overlay with the spot for the radio speaker. Bud

Comment

Honestly, I have a hard time telling differences among '62-64 GT Hawks as I'll never be able to afford one. So other than a little wistful drool, I don't linger on them! Now, Larks are a different story...

Comment

Working...
                X