Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1704117Very attractive building. I would love to see a photograph of it as a Studebaker dealership.
      Think I found one! Could this be the same building?
      Last edited by 57pack; 03-02-2016, 11:24 AM.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Would make someone a very nice house...with attached garage!
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]51963[/ATTACH]Very attractive building. I would love to see a photograph of it as a Studebaker dealership.
          Think I found one! Could this be the same building?
          Yes, that's it, Stewart Motor Co. My understanding is that the original turntable to spin the car in the circular showroom is still there under a false floor. Sadly, it sounds like there may not be much left when they're done with the redevelopment - typical for Phoenix. More info: http://www.modernphoenix.net/stewartmotor.htm
          3H-C5 "The Blue Goose"

Comment

Check out this cool video =- home movies taken probably by the Stewart family during the building construction, what looks like the grand opening, neat nighttime shots of the rotating Studebaker vertical sign, late '40s/early '50s Stude convertible on the turntable, etc. Well worth watching.

#unless #savestewartmotor #baddickfelkerbaddog #emperorsnewclothes
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Here are a few other photos

64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I can't believe no one had the foresight to renovate this cool looking building into some trendy restaurant and small stores. It was historic (unofficially) to the neighborhood, after all. It's ironic that there are buildings in my childhood neighborhood, an old ethnic section of Cleveland (what section wasn't ethnic?), that should have been torn down are suddenly gaining interest and are being put to use as above mentioned and is becoming a destination spot for entertainment and dining.

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm betting this building will be torn down. Using 'features' of the original building is not great wording to keeping this building standing.
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
                    Unfortunately, I'm betting this building will be torn down. Using 'features' of the original building is not great wording to keeping this building standing.
                    As they are planning for 300 apartments, and a restaurant, I suspect you are correct.
                    Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

Working...
                    X