Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: WCFB rebuild- Accelerator pump query

Hello all-
    I have assembled my WCFB. So far so good. the problem I have is regarding the new accelerator pump. The old one had a rigid shaft the new one telescopes. Pictures in various manuals depict two springs associated with this part.... a longer one, which goes under the plunger and down to the bottom of the pump bore and another smaller one which sits between the top of the plunger and the air horn casing. I don't have any other springs from the disassembly- Do I need another spring on top of the plunger? (nothing of the kind came with the kit) I've attached a picture.
    After assembly I read that the float needles and seats ought not be mixed up between primary and secondaties- I got the impression that the replacement ones are identical so I installed them and set the float levels accordingly. Any comments on this one?
    Steve
    Attached Files

Yes, you re-use the old one off the old accelerator pump. There is a slotted cup type spring retainer, on the telescoping shaft.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
      Yes, you re-use the old one off the old accelerator pump. There is a slotted cup type spring retainer, on the telescoping shaft.
      http://www.carburetor-parts.com/Cart...er_p_1330.html
      Thanks Bezhawk-
      The kit didn't have a spring included nor a retainer for the pump plunger, which I think is odd. I can make /find a substitute spring and retainer but does anybody have any idea as to the spring rate comparison between the 'Top' spring and the existing lower one? Just how much oomph does the top spring need?
      Thanks, Steve.

Comment

Working...
      X