Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stude content: Brandon at American Torque has new quiz on American pickup trucks. Cool one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude content: Brandon at American Torque has new quiz on American pickup trucks. Cool one!

Brandon at American Torque has become quite a Studebaker enthusiast, as Bob Palma can attest. Though his web site must appeal to the great expanse of American production, he always seems to manage some Studebaker content. He has just posted a new quiz that challenges your knowledge of American pick-up trucks.

Identify classic pickup trucks from the '30s, '40s, and '50s. This one is tough!
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Not too bad, 3 Studebakers!

That was a Fun test, got 90%, the average is 44% of 200 Players.
    Those old 30's and 40's Chevs. were hard for me to get the Year correct.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

'Same as Rich; 90%. 'Got all the makes correct, even Mercury and Plymouth, but missed a couple of the model years. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Only 86%

The ones I got wrong were the years. The older guys like Bob have a distinct advantage here - they drove these when they were younger.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

81% here. I got tripped up on the 30's pick up trucks. Fun quiz.
          1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            'Same as Rich; 90%. 'Got all the makes correct, even Mercury and Plymouth, but missed a couple of the model years.
            Same as you, Bob.

I also got 90%, missing a couple of model years.

Craig

Comment

100% here- I LOVE trucks- not sure about the bright yellow Mercury though....
              Evan Davis
              Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Got 98%. Missed the year on the Diamond T. Another fun quiz from American Torque.

Bill

Comment

I got 74%, guess if I were a bit older "Old Fart" I'd have it licked ! though I can't believe I got the Diamond T correct
                  Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by fargoguy View Post
                    100% here- I LOVE trucks- not sure about the bright yellow Mercury though....
                    I'd say anyone with the forum name fargoguy sounds like an old truck expert; there aren't that many people who recognize the name Fargo as the name of a truck line. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

86% got all the makes correct, but the years tripped me up a bit.
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

76%...the years tripped me up, too!
                        Mike Davis
                        1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

While you're on the American Torque site, check out the Members Cars tab. You can look by decade or by make and many of our own Studebakers are there. If you click on any picture it will bring up additional photos of that vehicle.
                          Brandon's a good guy and I encourage you to examine his page.

Online car show dedicated to American-made iron: old skool, new school, and no school.
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I think the Author Brandon messed up on that '59 Studebaker Deluxe 4X4 he called a 1960, it was the only year that would not be COMPLETELY wrong, so I went with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	59 4X4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	1703975 Or was this some kind of Oddball Truck assembled in Argentina in '60 or something?

It does have the '59 and '60 to '64 Big Truck Parking Lights, so it is not a '57-'58.
                            Last edited by StudeRich; 02-21-2016, 12:06 PM.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

86%. Guess it helps to be 69 years old. I think I saw all those driving around when I was a youngster (except maybe the Mercury).
                              Rick
                              Kingman, AZ

Comment

Working...
                              X