No announcement yet.

Any ?8mm Plug Wire Set Deals out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition: Any ?8mm Plug Wire Set Deals out there?

About the best I've found are some Taylor 8mm blues for $38 shipped on eBay. Moroso had a nice set for around $25 + Shipping at Summit but NO coil wire - go figure.

No deals on RockAuto which really surprised me.

Early BBC is supposed to fit pretty good, but they have to be earlier so you don't get the HEI ends.

I was thinking that there might be some modern V8 that has OE 8 or 8.5mm that would be cheaper than aftermarket. I had an 87 Ford TurboCoupe and it had some really fat wires with conventional ends. Maybe the last non-Chevy V8 that used a distributor?

The 8mm Cables are not required on a Studebaker Engine and plenty of 7mm Wires that fit, with straight Plug ends are available.

The factory fit FINISHED 8mm Cables for later year Small Blocks with HEI does not have the Oil Pan routing that the early '66 283 Mckinnon Engine has, so because my '66 has a HEI Dist. Mod, I had to use the Unfinished at Dist. end, Universal Fit 8mm Wires.
    The length to the Lower wire routing and to the taller HEI make it a not available finished wire install. '66 + 70's Dist. Setups like mine are not supposed to exist I think.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
    X