Buying a new windshield.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a new windshield.

I need to purchase a new windshield for a 1959 Silver Hawk. I want to buy from one of our Studebaker vendors if possible. Also, I thought I might take a road trip and save some shipping costs. I live in Iowa and as far as I can tell the nearest vendor for glass for me is in southern Mo. Phillips classic auto glass. Has anyone used this vendor? There is also one in Minnesota by the name of Auto City Classic. They are not a Studebaker vendor but are closer to me and they have the glass in stock. I spoke to them on the phone and asked him about thickness of the new glass. He told me most of it is all made at one of three places and we really don't get any choice about thickness and will have to settle for what it is. Just make sure you use new rubber gasket. Has anyone used this vendor in Minnesota? Any recommendations on tint / shading would also be appreciated.

I recommend Vic Phillips. He will treat you just fine

Comment

You are also close to this SDC Member in Idaho Falls, Idaho.

208 390-6306
      Last edited by StudeRich; 02-19-2016, 08:19 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Champ glass is the man.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I've used Phillips for windshields for my Packard and Studebaker. Purchased new rubber seals from S.I. , no problems.
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

It appears The place in Idaho has both the rubber and the glass. They are also advertising the "new gray tint" with the sun shade at the top. They don't have pictures of it yet. Has anybody used this?

Comment

Give Russ a call and ask him all your question , he is a good vendor and Studebaker person.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

I just bought a new windshield for my 61 Hawk from Studebaker Glass in Idaho. Glass arrived in about 3 or 4 days. Very well packed and no damage. It is a little thinner than the original windshield. I installed it using a new gasket with no problem.

Wayne
                Wayne
                "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X