1962 to 1964 Lark /Daytona Convertible Boot Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 to 1964 Lark /Daytona Convertible Boot Covers

Anyone know if there is a difference between the the boot / dust covers used on the 62 to 64 convertible models - part numbers 1344252X__

If I order a 62 Lark Model boot cover without the snaps (add them when I get it) would it fit the convertible top boot opening on a 64 Daytona?

I think it will fit but the grain on the fabric may be different.

Denny L

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
      I think it will fit but the grain on the fabric may be different.

Denny L
      My thoughts also...is she on the roster?
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
        My thoughts also...is she on the roster?
        I think an explanation may be required for a Newby on this.

Lou VanAnne meant that Stu Chapman is compiling a Roster of 1964 Daytona Convertibles, here on the Forum I think from this Thread:

He needs your:
        Serial Number from the Door Post.
        Body Tag Info from the Passenger side of the Firewall under the hood.
        Engine Number from the Top, Left Front Corner of the Block Stamped into the Metal not Cast/Raised into the Block.
        Original Body Color
        Original Interior Color
        Engine & Trans. Types
        Any other Optional Equipment that may make it Special that you care to share or other info on the Car or the Production Order Copy from the Studebaker National Museum and certainly some Photos of the Car.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I think I have an NOS 64 convertible boot cover (green). It could be dyed another color. Would have to search my stash to see if it's still there.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            I think an explanation may be required for a Newby on this.

Lou VanAnne meant that Stu Chapman is compiling a Roster of 1964 Daytona Convertibles, here on the Forum I think from this Thread:

He needs your:
            Serial Number from the Door Post.
            Body Tag Info from the Passenger side of the Firewall under the hood.
            Engine Number from the Top, Left Front Corner of the Block Stamped into the Metal not Cast/Raised into the Block.
            Original Body Color
            Original Interior Color
            Engine & Trans. Types
            Any other Optional Equipment that may make it Special that you care to share or other info on the Car or the Production Order Copy from the Studebaker National Museum and certainly some Photos of the Car.
            Earthtechy's 64 Daytona Convertible is listed on the Registry. The serial number is 64V15469. Owner is Bill Shosho. Details can be found on the Registry by accessing the SDC home page.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I was just going to reply with that info Stu - I do need the green boot cover Skip

Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                Earthtechy's 64 Daytona Convertible is listed on the Registry. The serial number is 64V15469. Owner is Bill Shosho. Details can be found on the Registry by accessing the SDC home page.

Stu Chapman
                Is that the one that came out Arizona...from Steel Dreamz?
                Lou Van Anne
                62 Champ
                64 R2 GT Hawk
                79 Avanti II

Comment

It appears that the Convertible Top "Dust Cover" issue has been moved to this String in Tech.

StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Lou Van - that is correct. Do you know its previous history?

Comment

Not much, just that it was sold new in Iowa. I inquired about the car several times...the sales person I dealt with was incompetent....as I recall they were asking about $26000...care to reveal what you paid? Sure was a nicely equipped car.
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

I have the July 1986 Turning Wheels which lists all the 64 Daytona convertible ordering info. delivery state and options. This one has the 289 with 4 barrel carb, front disks, AC, buckets, radio, power and 10-30-63 build date - one of the last from South Bend. An inspection of the car found the brakes grabbing and it couldn't be driven more than just around the block. Top mechanism was not working either - they were interested in dealing and I offered 17 and we settled on 18 -turned out later that the emergency brake was grabbing and the hydraulic top fluid was a bit low - after a tuneup with new points and timing the car runs and drives excellent. Previous owner replaced the carb with an Edlebrock 4 barrel with electric choke. Now it will get a new top next month and needs the boot I wrote about.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Daytona 13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1703965Click image for larger version

Name:	Daytona 14.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1703964

Comment

Originally posted by earthtechy View Post
                          I have the July 1986 Turning Wheels which lists all the 64 Daytona convertible ordering info. delivery state and options. This one has the 289 with 4 barrel carb, front disks, AC, buckets, radio, power and 10-30-63 build date - one of the last from South Bend. An inspection of the car found the brakes grabbing and it couldn't be driven more than just around the block. Top mechanism was not working either - they were interested in dealing and I offered 17 and we settled on 18 -turned out later that the emergency brake was grabbing and the hydraulic top fluid was a bit low - after a tuneup with new points and timing the car runs and drives excellent. Previous owner replaced the carb with an Edlebrock 4 barrel with electric choke. Now it will get a new top next month and needs the boot I wrote about.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]51702[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51701[/ATTACH]
                          Nice car, nice buy!
                          Lou Van Anne
                          62 Champ
                          64 R2 GT Hawk
                          79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by earthtechy View Post
                            I was just going to reply with that info Stu - I do need the green boot cover Skip

Thanks for the help
                            Email sent.
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

Nice car... priced right ! GL

Comment

Working...
                              X