Rear window moldings on a 50 Starlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window moldings on a 50 Starlight

Would anyone know where to get the securing nuts that are inside of the rear window garnish moldings on a 50 Starlight ?
    Some of mine have rusted away.
    I need a total of three,two side ones and one center nut as they are different
    Or even a couple of moldings if not available as a separate item.
    Geoff

Your right side clips are also different than your left side clips. I made mine with sheet metal and nutserts.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hi Rockne,
      Yes your correct.
      If I cannot find any, I too will have to make something but if I do it will be a strip of metal with the four nuts in rather than the single original type.
      Seems to me the original set up left a lot to be desired when it comes to water ingress into the car via the screws.
      In my case it was all the bottom ones that had rusted away giving me the impression those moldings fill up with water until the level reaches the lower screw.
      My inside moldings had rust inside up to the lower screw too
      Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by fiveftsix View Post
        Hi Rockne,
        Yes your correct.
        If I cannot find any, I too will have to make something but if I do it will be a strip of metal with the four nuts in rather than the single original type.
        Seems to me the original set up left a lot to be desired when it comes to water ingress into the car via the screws.
        In my case it was all the bottom ones that had rusted away giving me the impression those moldings fill up with water until the level reaches the lower screw.
        My inside moldings had rust inside up to the lower screw too
        Geoff
        ......Yup..........Sadly no car holds water better than a Studebaker.
        I've had to fabricate the majority of clips that retain the trim on my M5, '50 Starlight, and '57 GH...........

Comment

Originally posted by alaipairod View Post
          ......Yup..........Sadly no car holds water better than a Studebaker.
          I've had to fabricate the majority of clips that retain the trim on my M5, '50 Starlight, and '57 GH...........
          Hmm.....
          I`m not so sure that`s 100% correct as my Starlight had adapted itself over the years by providing very large convenient drain holes in all four corners of the floor plan when I first acquired it !!!! lol
          Geoff

Comment

Working...
          X