Part number request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part number request

Looking for part number for gasket/seal goes in between tail light housing on 1956 c/k . Parts manual doesn't show it? The ones that was on it is round and looks like cell foam. Thanks

I do not believe the '55 & '56 C & K Models have a Seal between the Fender and Tail Light Housing, the Lense to T/L Body Gasket is 308957 on Pg. 208 of the S.I. Catalog.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yeah, got the lens gasket ,need the fender and housing gasket/seal. The book doesn't show it but they did come out on some models I ask around and some vendors had use housings with them still attach to housing but they didn't know much about the gasket either.

Comment

Chuck, I seem too recall seeing these in Years past - like You say. have You tried SI ?,call them and explain what You need,maybe They'll have something that will substitute original.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

The only seal is the round sponge rubber around the rear of the wiring socket. I would think it is the same as the window regulator shaft seals, or the wiper to cowl seal on later cars. Only 64 Hawks had gaskets between the body and the housing. Also the headlight rims, and the side grills to body. SI lists these.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Will the gaskets mentioned in post #5 work on earlier cars? '61 Hawk. -Jim

Comment

I used chrome plastic door edge trim. Looks great. I'll post a picture later.

Comment

Why not use the headlight-rim-to-body gasket #3305X3 on Page 208 of the current SI catalog and trim to fit? They're only $3 each.

I'm assuming all you want to do is avoid a direct housing-to-rear fender contact that might chip the fender's paint. That would do the trick. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                X