64 GT Hawk R1 production figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 GT Hawk R1 production figures

I've been trying to sell my 64 GT Hawk R1 and people keep asking how many GT Hawks came off the assembly line with R1 option. Does anyone know that number? I've been guessing at about 150, which I read somewhere once but can't confirm that anywhere now. Can't seem to find any info online. I know that Jet Thrust News used to sell that list for $10 but are they still around? Thank you, Nick

A very interesting Post came up in a Search of your Posts from 2 of 2013, where we discovered your Serial Number 64V1524, but sorry the Production numbers question never came up.

But suffice it to say that quite few '64 GT Hawks were built, and Very few R1 Powered and even Less R1 Full Package Cars which your car is not.

UPDATE: According to Post #3 that makes 109 Equipped with a non-Package R1 Engine Like Yours.

Is there no current For Sale Ad running for your Car? I see the Craigslist Ad is closed.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 02-08-2016, 01:46 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Nick, A total of 169 R1 64 GT Hawks were made. 60 of them were "full package" cars. R2s: 70 total, 46 were full package.
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	For Nick.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	1703748
        Better yet, here ya go Nick....
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Thank you for the list Lou!
          Nick

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]51325[/ATTACH]
          Better yet, here ya go Nick....

Comment

I pulled the ad because of lack of interest. My price is probably too high. Nick

Comment

My price is probably too high. Nick
              Maybe get some expert opinions on the market price from those here who would know and also spread the word more widely. The best retail car guy I know says, "If it's advertised widely enough and the price is right, it will sell."

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                Maybe get some expert opinions on the market price from those here who would know and also spread the word more widely. The best retail car guy I know says, "If it's advertised widely enough and the price is right, it will sell."

jack vines
                Why can't there be a national Craigslist for Studebakers instead of searching each individual market?
                Lou Van Anne
                62 Champ
                64 R2 GT Hawk
                79 Avanti II

Comment

Why not put it on ebay and test the national market. I saw the picture last week but would love to see comprehensive photos.
                  Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                  50 Champion 2 door*
                  53 Commander K Auto*
                  53 Commander K overdrive*
                  55 President Speedster
                  62 GT 4Speed*
                  63 Avanti R1*
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

There is a national craigslist. Search Tempest(google it). I use it all the time. I search for car parts and boat parts and Kayaks...anything. My wife got her sewing machines this way.
                    64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
                    Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                    X