• Show
Clear All

• Lark in reno

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160203_165821781_HDR (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	1750337

Stopped in Reno for gas yesterday and looked what pulled up. I have only been here for a couple of weeks and was surprised to see this car out with the amount of snow that we have had here lately--- Hats off to the owner whom I briefly spoke with. He invited me to their monthly meeting which is next week, looks like I'm gonna have to mount the snowplow up to my little Champ, I guess these guys drive em all year round and that's good!
    sigpic

I remember driving my mom's Lark wagon up a long icy driveway to a hotel in California off I-5 going over the Grapevine. It has single traction so I just let the rear end swing to the right and I steered straight ahead. We went right up the hill. No snow tires or chains. Just bias ply street tires. These cars are amazing.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Back in '05 I had to climb Buckhorn summit without chains and had no trouble at all till the idiot sheriff stopped us. Once I was stopped Sweet-Pea had to be chained to get going again. There was no snow when we started up (it was raining at the bottom) but it had started to snow as we went and was about eighteen inches deep when we started up again. She was a four-door '62 that was born with a six automatic and graduated to a V8 with me.
      Last edited by studeclunker; 02-04-2016, 10:15 AM.
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
      X