ID:	1750280Click image for larger version

Name:	1-27 046.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1750281Click image for larger version

Name:	1-27 047.JPG
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1750282 My recent (been almost a year and a half) acquisition of a 1962 Champ P/U has been interesting. I bought the 34k mile truck out of Oregon for one reason most of all --- it has all it's original sheet metal, floors, fenders etc, and is basically rust free! The original owner opted for a Volare torsion bar sub frame with disc brake conversion, Borg Warner 5 speed and heavy 1980 "dated" tweed interior." I'm OK with all of it, except for the original leaf spring rear. Truck drove and braked extremely well with the exception of uneven pavement. The rear end was way too springy! I could have taken some of the leaves out, blocked the rear up more on the springs to make it level. Instead I decided to install a 4 link rear with adjustable coil overs with a c-notch in the frame for clearance. I am keeping the twin traction Dana for now because it has been reliable and has 3:56 gears which compliment the 5 speed. Posted a couple of current pic's, work should be done by this Friday and I will post final pictures. BTW I am using a Heidt's 4 link and coil overs.
    sigpic

Okay... I'm somewhat confused. What does all of that have to do with a Buggy? I mean, Studebaker made Buggy's too. In fact, I'd bet money, Studebaker made more buggies, carriages, and wagons than they ever did motor-vehicles. This is a Buggy Ride:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	S6300772.JPG
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1703539

Of course, crossing water can be an issue from time to time...

Name:	flying waterhazard entry.JPG
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1703538
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

As a kid I rode in a lot of buggies, the stiff leaf spring suspension offered the same ride, lurching, springy--- hope the clarification helped
      sigpic

Comment

Gene, where are you working on the truck? did you already go home?
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Bob I'm in Reno Nevada now with it, I'll be back in the bay area in a couple of weeks and will drop by to see you!
          sigpic

Comment

better hurry as I am moving things out fast ,2 pallets yesterday and 2 more today all headed to New Zealand, these will make 5 over there now and one more to go along with 3 cars, 63 Avanti, 62 Daytona hardtop, 62 GT black with 66 350 HP 327 and 4 speed, the cars go over next week, call when in town.....Bob
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Name:	IMG_20150904_180015288.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	1703558 I will definitely give you a call ....
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X