Centre Cap Colour Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centre Cap Colour Opinions?

Looking for opinions on whether or not I should chrome the centre cap spinners on the spoke rims of my 62GT. The front spinner has been photoshopped to a chrome colour and the rear is the current gold. The spokes are gold and will stay that way. The gold on the spinners is pitting and fading so I am trying to decide what to do with them. Thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150729_135828.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	1750279

If it was my car I'd be going with chrome. cheers, Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Yes, I would.
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

The gold on the back really pops with the spokes. I'd go back with gold.
        Mike Davis
        1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

paint the spinners with black wrinkle finish or have them rechromed. cheers jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Chrome. If you can make the car jump up and down or lift at least one wheel off the ground, go with the gold. GT Hawks don't need bling to be very handsome and collect a crowd of admirers.
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

A beautiful GT Hawk! I'd go with the chrome as well.
              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I would say chrome too.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Chrome is my choice.

Comment

Thanks for all of the feed back everyone. Looks like chrome wins by a land slide! It was my choice as well but it's good to seek opinions on such things. It's like thunderations said, the gold is bit like bling in my eyes too. One day I may even take it back to rims and original hub caps but this is the way I bought it last year and I do like the spokes on a GT, just not with the gold spinners.

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                      A beautiful GT Hawk! I'd go with the chrome as well.
                      Thanks for the kind words.. I got the car last summer and am just thrilled with it. Can't wait for spring and the next drive and show season! And yes, chrome seems an almost unanimous choice!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                        paint the spinners with black wrinkle finish or have them rechromed. cheers jimmijim
                        Thanks jimmijim! Are you still doing the trunk lid overlay refinishing? I'll be looking for one likely next year.

Comment

I like the chrome, too. Yeah, that's what I MEANT, go with the chrome. Yeah.
                          Mike Davis
                          1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post
                            I like the chrome, too. Yeah, that's what I MEANT, go with the chrome. Yeah.
                            It's OK if you like the gold, everyone has a right to their opinion! Or chrome, that's OK too

Comment

Working...
                            X