Burlington RR Calendar with Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burlington RR Calendar with Studebakers

If any of you wish to see the 1961 Burlington Rail Road wall calendar with the load of Studebakers you can find it by going to ebay, Collectables, Paper, Calendars and then putting Burlington in a search. The calendar will be the last item displayed in the section of items for "Buy It Now" items from ebay stores. Now a question, how do you copy and paste a link to an ebay item? It would be easier for you folks if I could have put a link in this posting.

Here's how, but with a twist....
    If, when you are composing your post, select the small icon up top with the globe and the chain links, that will add the Internet brackets to your post.
    Then....
    You 'copy' the Internet address off of the page of your choice.
    and paste it in between the brackets (like below)

Problem with doing that is invariably some of the looooonnnnng address will get clipped and the address won't work.
    So.....
    A good alternative is to go to 'Tiny URL'
    www.tinyurl.com (See? I did it right here!)
    Then paste in your long url address and it will re-write it to a short link that is easy to post without getting clipped.

For example, here is the Ebay page you mentioned with the short address from Tiny URL.

If all else fails, just manuallt type in the Ebay auction number
    In this case Item number: 120063876596

You can also 'link' the photo to this forum.
    Select the little picture icon (the one with the mountains and sun)..
    This will paste the image link icon onto your post.
    [img ][/img ]
    Then.....
    Right click on the picture...
    Select 'Properties'
    Copy the address (make sure it has a .jpg, .bmp. or .gif suffix)
    Then paste that in between the pic address icon..
    Like this:

Because of the forum software.. make sure the [img] and [url] are in small caps. Capitol letters won't work.

Also be aware that Ebay aution photo's will autodelete a while after an auction ends, so if you like the pic in question, save it to your own computer.

Hope the info helps...
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by herbpcpa

If any of you wish to see the 1961 Burlington Rail Road wall calendar with the load of Studebakers you can find it by going to ebay, Collectables, Paper, Calendars and then putting Burlington in a search. The calendar will be the last item displayed in the section of items for "Buy It Now" items from ebay stores. Now a question, how do you copy and paste a link to an ebay item? It would be easier for you folks if I could have put a link in this posting.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Here's how, but with a twist....
      If, when you are composing your post, select the small icon up top with the globe and the chain links, that will add the Internet brackets to your post.
      Then....
      You 'copy' the Internet address off of the page of your choice.
      and paste it in between the brackets (like below)

Problem with doing that is invariably some of the looooonnnnng address will get clipped and the address won't work.
      So.....
      A good alternative is to go to 'Tiny URL'
      www.tinyurl.com (See? I did it right here!)
      Then paste in your long url address and it will re-write it to a short link that is easy to post without getting clipped.

For example, here is the Ebay page you mentioned with the short address from Tiny URL.

If all else fails, just manuallt type in the Ebay auction number
      In this case Item number: 120063876596

You can also 'link' the photo to this forum.
      Select the little picture icon (the one with the mountains and sun)..
      This will paste the image link icon onto your post.
      [img ][/img ]
      Then.....
      Right click on the picture...
      Select 'Properties'
      Copy the address (make sure it has a .jpg, .bmp. or .gif suffix)
      Then paste that in between the pic address icon..
      Like this:

Because of the forum software.. make sure the [img] and [url] are in small caps. Capitol letters won't work.

Also be aware that Ebay aution photo's will autodelete a while after an auction ends, so if you like the pic in question, save it to your own computer.

Hope the info helps...
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by herbpcpa

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Herb,
        Thank you for the heads up.

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Herb,
          Thank you for the heads up.

Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Or, here's the easy way to post a link:

Open 2 windows (or tabs, whichever you have). In one window, open your reply box. In the other window, open the subject you want to link to. Put your cursor on the URL, right click, then click "copy". Switch back to your window with the reply box, put your cursor in the box, left-click to locate the little flashing line, then just right-click and click "paste" and the link will appear. Simple as that! Works every time; no need to fiddle with "tiny url" or anythin else.

It took you much longer to read how to do it than it takes to actually do it!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Or, here's the easy way to post a link:

Open 2 windows (or tabs, whichever you have). In one window, open your reply box. In the other window, open the subject you want to link to. Put your cursor on the URL, right click, then click "copy". Switch back to your window with the reply box, put your cursor in the box, left-click to locate the little flashing line, then just right-click and click "paste" and the link will appear. Simple as that! Works every time; no need to fiddle with "tiny url" or anythin else.

It took you much longer to read how to do it than it takes to actually do it!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Tiny url is one click once your set up.Play with both methods,Herb(and anyone else)and choose the method you like.
                Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Tiny url is one click once your set up.Play with both methods,Herb(and anyone else)and choose the method you like.
                  Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

I don't know why I did not notice this when this was put on another thread earlier, but the light blue Champ looks like mine![^]

Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser

Comment

I don't know why I did not notice this when this was put on another thread earlier, but the light blue Champ looks like mine![^]

Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser

Comment

technically, the forum software already has a way to handle URLs:

the tags for URLs are URL and /URL inside the square brackets. In my examples, I will use round brackets.

on the FIRST tag, you can put (url="all that long mysterious text that you copy and paste")

then put a couple words: Go to this link, guys!

then put the ending tag (/url)

So the calendar link would be structured like this:

(url="http://cgi.ebay.com/1961-BURLINGTON-TRAIN-CALENDAR-PIGGYBACK-FREIGHT-NR_W0QQitemZ120063876596QQihZ002QQcategoryZ556QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewI tem")Burlington Stude Calendar(/url)

or in practice:

Burlington Stude Calendar

it sounds a bit complicated, but really, it is no more complicated than the tiny url site.

just trying to help...

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

technically, the forum software already has a way to handle URLs:

the tags for URLs are URL and /URL inside the square brackets. In my examples, I will use round brackets.

on the FIRST tag, you can put (url="all that long mysterious text that you copy and paste")

then put a couple words: Go to this link, guys!

then put the ending tag (/url)

So the calendar link would be structured like this:

(url="http://cgi.ebay.com/1961-BURLINGTON-TRAIN-CALENDAR-PIGGYBACK-FREIGHT-NR_W0QQitemZ120063876596QQihZ002QQcategoryZ556QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewI tem")Burlington Stude Calendar(/url)

or in practice:

Burlington Stude Calendar

it sounds a bit complicated, but really, it is no more complicated than the tiny url site.

just trying to help...

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Working...
                          X