Studebaker pops up in modern literature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker pops up in modern literature

I was just reading the newest book by one of my fave authors last week, Kem Nunn, and whaddaya know, one of the characters pops up driving a 1950 Starlight Coupe - yellow, I think. It makes several appearances over the course of the novel, to the point where you start figuring it's going to end up being a major player in the plot, and sure enough, the climactic moment of the whole story hinges on that Studebaker...except it involves it getting WRECKED!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Anyway, it was a thoroughly enjoyable read nonetheless, and quite fun to have that car driving across a page now and then. Oh, the book is called Chance.

?Spoiler Alert!!!!
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Ha! I thought about that, but think I kept it general enough that if anyone here DID actually pick up the book, you'd still be caught off guard at the end.

Comment

If they ever make it in to a movie, hopefully they will dress up a '50 Chevy or Ford to look like a Studebaker for the wreck scene.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Check out Ray Bradbury's book "Driving Blind". The title story is about a Studebaker Salesman. Very cool.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Check out Ray Bradbury's book "Driving Blind". The title story is about a Studebaker Salesman. Very cool.
            Love Bradbury. I'll have to check it out.
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Don't forget that Willy Loman in "Death of a Salesman" spoke of opening the bottom of the windshield of his Studebaker.
              peter lee

Comment

My dad read a lot of books by H. Allen Smith. In one of his books (may have been Life In A Putty Knife Factory) he speaks of giving neckties or handkerchiefs out for Christmas.
                One of his movie star friends gave him a new Studebaker that Christmas!
                sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Working...
                X