Love Light and Lively LARKS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Light and Lively LARKS ?

All the early Chevy 2 Novas (62-67) have been raced rodded restored and revived from the junkyards. I don't think they are making those anymore. It would be considered a lucky find to find a straight delapadated 4 dr. What can we do? All we have to do is LOOK.
    LOOK and You'll LOVE that LARK! Hopefully be able to use the knowledge gained to make em hook up at the MI Motorplex. Do we have a formula? Keep the 6 cyl springs move the firewall back a tad.
    Deep dish steering wheel. Move bucket seats towards the rear. When removing the front bumper, brackets, inner fenders ect, might as well Swiss Cheese the frame a little, in front of the crossmember, as well as the deck lid bracing. Don't tell everyone how light they are. Don't won't to start some kinda StudeMopar madness. When the weather breaks, someone may offer you double what you paid for it. Don't fall for those profit motivated Flippers. Get em now, while they're HOT and you'll be happy as a Lark!
    My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
    sigpic
    Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
    in the Geographic center of Tennessee

And that is sung to the tune off... ?

StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I hear Banjos! LOL

Comment

Might want to check the dosage label on the meds.
        PackardV8

Comment

What does this have to do with the price of potatoes in Idaho?

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
            This time of year it might just be Cabin Fever ("When the weather breaks, someone may offer you double what you paid for it.") It reads like Part II of an unasked question. Hopefully the OP will give us the back story?
            '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I know and feel that old feeling. Spring comes, the Lark comes out, and just gets up on her tippy toes and dances for pure joy!

At least that what it feels like when traction and torque combine to produce body lift on launch.

Never forget the first time I saw Stude Tomato make a run, Ted was getting so much lift off the line, and on every shift, it was practically tossing him into the roof. Look up the early PSMCDs vids and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                Better double check: right name, right dose, right time. LOL

Comment

The enthusiasm is refreshing, though left-fieldish!
                  "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

What's so left fieldish about a light weight Lark at the drags? The Novas have experienced great success doing this very thing. So why not some Larks out there flying the banner? The weights of a 63 Nova and a 60 Lark are almost identical. Each at 2500-2600 lbs. An 1800-1900 lb Lark would not need mega horsepower to make it zip down the strip at a decent clip. (Rhyme intended) Snarky negativity is just what this forum needs to keep new folks coming back for more, eh?
                    Last edited by sals54; 01-28-2016, 10:32 PM.
                    sals54

Comment

I'm feeling better now. Thanks to all concerned. Seems Doc Sawbones got my meds mixed up with (Crazy Funny Car) Larry's. Went to a new City Folk's Doc and he said I had a Fever, and the ONLY Prescription is 2 Studes!
                      A lark and a Golden Hawk. I'm gonna let Mrs. K (Hearing Banjos) get the Lark. I'm looking for a basket case Golden Hawk.
                      Back to the Lovely Light Larks!
                      If Studebaker went into the Factory backed altered drag cars. What would they have came up with? After studying this for a few days, here is one possibility, of making an altered using factory parts. How about putting a 113 wheelbase frame under a 109 wheelbase lark. The engine moves back 4 inches. The front fenders get modified and the grill might have to be moved forward a tad at the bottom. Hopefully the radiator could still be Sandwiched in there some way between the A arms and grill. It would have nice weight transfer and the rear could be left alone. Of course longer steering column ect. But, the front rear weight ratio would probably be great. The altered funny cars I read about had 50% or more weight on the rear wheels. One place I read said the best ratio for a normal drag car is 52% front 48% rear. So what is the best ratio for a lark? What's some better ideas. Let's stick with 60 thru 65 Larks for this thread. Hopefully some drag racers will chime in.

And this is sung to the tune off... Beach Boys Shut Down
                      Insert Stude where applicable.
                      Last edited by Studeous; 02-01-2016, 09:12 PM.
                      My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
                      sigpic
                      Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
                      in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Working...
                      X