Studillac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studillac

Anyone ever hear of the Studillac? See article below.

Originally posted by Kato View Post
    Anyone ever hear of the Studillac?
    Absolutely! Loads of information to be found on these Bill Frick specials.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      Well I'll be darned. I hadn't heard of them until tonight. Thanks!

Comment

This "Golden Ray" Studebaker modified is not a Studillac, just a Cadillac powered Custom.

The real deal Bill Frick Studillacs were basically Stock looking Starliner Hardtops for the most part.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Some one must have liked Mopars as much as Studebakers, not sure I would have done the trunk lid that way.

Originally posted by Kato View Post
          Anyone ever hear of the Studillac? See article below.

http://theoldmotor.com/?p=153899
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            This "Golden Ray" Studebaker modified is not a Studillac, just a Cadillac powered Custom.

The real deal Bill Frick Studillacs were basically Stock looking Starliner Hardtops for the most part.
            Studerich is right on the money. Bill Frick's shop was about 20 minutes away from where I grew up. His first projects were the Fordillacs. When Studebaker came out with the '53s, Frick built his wonderful Studillacs, which were based on the Starliner coupes.
            When my wife and I visited the International Meet in South Bend a number of years ago, there was an exhibit, in the convention center, dedicated to Bill Frick and the Studillacs. Anyone remember that?
            One of our Long Island Chapter members is now restoring his Studillac. Can't wait to see it finished.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
              One of our Long Island Chapter members is now restoring his Studillac. Can't wait to see it finished.
              Rog
              Me too, but I believe that it has been decades that he has had that Studillac. Any end/target in sight?
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                Me too, but I believe that it has been decades that he has had that Studillac. Any end/target in sight?
                Gary,
                That's right. He's been working on it a little at a time. He's had to deal with some issues. As far as I know, some of the body had been painted. He's getting closer.
                By the way, will you be going to the Int'l Meet in Rhode Island? My wife and I are registered and we have our reservation at the host hotel.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
                  Gary,
                  That's right. He's been working on it a little at a time. He's had to deal with some issues. As far as I know, some of the body had been painted. He's getting closer.
                  By the way, will you be going to the Int'l Meet in Rhode Island? My wife and I are registered and we have our reservation at the host hotel.
                  Rog
                  Of course we will be going to the SDC International in RI. I made reservations at the host hotel last year and our registration this month.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

mbstude has commented on Studillacs here and elsewhere. The conversion is attributed to Bill Frick who coined the term. However, very soon after several garages offered to do the conversion and several auto magazines published articles on this garage and that garage doing a "Studillac" conversion, besides other articles on back-yard conversions. One garage worth mention is Abbott Motor Clinic, Wheaton, IL, that not only did conversions but offered kits to install a Caddy in 53-4 K and C body cars using a McBar adapter that allowed retention of the Studebaker 3-speed.
                    Toby Knoll Garage

www.tobyknollgarage.com
                    ______

'51 Muntz Jet
                    '53 Woodill Wildfire/Dodge
                    '54 Hudson Hornet Grand National Tribute car
                    '55 Studebaker Speedster/Cadillac
                    '56 Corvette SR replica

Comment

Working...
                    X