Avanti Dash Pad - New or Restored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Dash Pad - New or Restored?

Should I have my original '63 Avanti dash restored, or buy a new one for SI? I hear the SI repro is not that great and don't look original or fit properly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You may be stuck having it reconditioned (major price shock) as I believe the dash pads are NLA last I heard, so their fit is no longer an issue. If yours is real bad might try finding a good used Avanti II one, might be more fixable than yours. This place vacuum forms a new layer of vinyl over your dash probably the only way to get it looking correct-http://www.justdashes.com
    Don't know the cost-but I'm sure it will require total removal and disassembly before sending it to them. May be others on this coast don't know.

Comment

My Avanti has a dash from Just Dashes installed by the PO. It is excellent but not cheap.
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Nothing will be "good" and cheap. Depending on your desire for originality, one can go another route and that is to simply have the dash recovered by a competent auto upholsterer, dispensing with the molded-in grooves in the process. I've seen Blake Avantis that were factory-built in this fashion. I did this with mine 20 years ago, and frankly I prefer the hand-made, custom-stitched look over the "shrink-wrapped" original, giving away my one NOS original to a friend. Good luck no matter how you choose to go!

Comment

I had priced having my 1957 Packard dash done by Just Dashes a few years back. Then the price was over $1000. And that didn't include shipping both ways. My Packard dash is bad (think they all were) but, decided to live with it for now.
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

They want over $2,000 plus shipping for a restored Avanti dash. Not worth it to me.

Comment

I installed the SI dash pad and am very happy with it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Just called and they are sold out. Anyone out there have one to sell me? Although they did say they will produce them again but don't have definite date.

Comment

I would wait for the next batch. Do not buy an NOS one whatever you do! I went that route first and wasted over $1,000.00 only to realize it was too dry and stiff to fit properly. I had to cut it off which was rather painful.

Originally posted by Jaybot View Post
                  Just called and they are sold out. Anyone out there have one to sell me? Although they did say they will produce them again but don't have definite date.

Comment

Working...
                  X