Project Update and Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Update and Photos

Even though I have not been on here much, things are progressing. Thanks to the help of C&B, Studebakers West and Pops Chariot the car is sort of working as a car. If you remember I picked it up in Portland about a year ago.

Car now has a heater, the oil leaks are at least under control, wiring harness somewhat cleaned up and many grommets replaced. New bushings in the suspension (front and rear), repaired the dana 27 which had a spun hub (put the keys back! Thanks, previous owner). The transmission has been rebuilt as well. The front bearing was missing a bunch of rollers but I went through the whole thing. New trunk seal, liner and divider is also happening. I modified the brakes by changing the master cylinder to a Chevrolet unit with two circuits and a 1" bore. Stopping power has been greatly improved. The six with OD scoots the car along just fine

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1712.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	1750270

Name:	IMAG1713.jpg
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	1750271 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1733.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1750272

Name:	IMAG1781.jpg
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	1750273

Name:	IMAG1851.jpg
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1750274

Glad to see your about ready to go Studeing.

Comment

Thanks for the update! And, welcome back. Love the nickname you chose for the forum. Probably more than you know, that hang out here, could claim that name. Looks like you have provided that Lark with an environment in which it can thrive. Keep up the enthusiasm and come back often.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Great to see you again Christoph. The old girl looks great. While I had the car, did nothing to the Dana 27. After it left my hands, well you know what the PO'S did to the car. Keep me posted. I am still up to my ears on Lazarus, but as fate turns is head, I have been offered a 60 lark six (flathead). Must resist Must resist Must resist. I was told if you repeat something three times, it will come true.

Bob Miles
        Tucson AZ

Comment

GREAT!!! Progress is always G O O D !!! I vaguely recall making some once, myself!

Comment

Bob, yeah it spun the drum on the axles. My brother was driving the car at the time so of course he is getting all the flak for it. No big deal though. The Kragen tach also got replaced with an autometer unit in place of the optional clock. Hey, did the radio ever work when you had the car? I hooked it back up but it only pops a little.

I'm hoping to do a lot more driving the car instead of working on it! Ah ... dreams.

Comment

The original AM radio did work when I had it. I had kept everything original on the car. Last time I saw it in Tucson, whoever had it placed speakers cut into the door panels and I don't remember if the radio was there or if there was a cheap aftermarket.

Starlight Studebaker may have NOS replacement door panels for the car so you might want to check them out. Glad to hear the OHV 6 and OD is working well. Great car to drive around and be seen in!

Bob Miles
              Tucson AZ
              Home of Lazarus

Comment

Yeah the guy had cut an aftermarket radio slot into the cardboard glove box. But that's all been removed and corrected. The original radio is in it, but makes no noise except a pop when you first turn it on. I'll see about getting the Delco repair manual.

The interior isn't too bad on the car except the aforementioned door panels. And I'd like to have a headliner one day. All in due time though.

Comment

Working...
                X