This HAS to be a record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This HAS to be a record

As of 5:30 am EST, there were 82 Studes listed for sale on eBay! I can't EVER remember that many at once before[:0]

I wonder what that's about...?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

quote:Originally posted by bams50

As of 5:30 am EST, there were 82 Studes listed for sale on eBay! I can't EVER remember that many at once before[:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131
    FREE [:0] listings for two days! BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Parish, central NY 13131
      FREE [:0] listings for two days! BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

it might have been a record, but its 83 at 6 am eastern

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

it might have been a record, but its 83 at 6 am eastern

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Sadly, some say they are from estates, but many more must be coming out of the woodwork as owners turn their seldom-used hard assets into cash.

Over the past 6 months many collector and limited production vehicles in the sub-$50K market have been in a tailspin. Sure, earlier this year there was the usual Mar. - May price bump, but instead of leveling out in the June/July timeframe, prices have been in a steady downward trend.

Hitting closer to home...

Two friends of mine were "Red-hot Buyers" in the Aug.-Sept. timeframe (1 for a Stude, the other for a Brand X Classic). Both have since put-off buying decisions.

<h4>Last Man Standing in Studebaker Indiana</h4>

Comment

Sadly, some say they are from estates, but many more must be coming out of the woodwork as owners turn their seldom-used hard assets into cash.

Over the past 6 months many collector and limited production vehicles in the sub-$50K market have been in a tailspin. Sure, earlier this year there was the usual Mar. - May price bump, but instead of leveling out in the June/July timeframe, prices have been in a steady downward trend.

Hitting closer to home...

Two friends of mine were "Red-hot Buyers" in the Aug.-Sept. timeframe (1 for a Stude, the other for a Brand X Classic). Both have since put-off buying decisions.

<h4>Last Man Standing in Studebaker Indiana</h4>

Comment

Yep, with a free listing, sellers can test the waters without spending a dime, so a bunch are trying it. Ebay has free listings during the weak car sales pre-holiday period.

JDP/Maryland
                63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                spent to date $54664,75
                64 R2 GT (Sid)
                spent to date $62,439.30
                63 Lark 2 door
                51 Commander
                39 Coupe express
                39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Yep, with a free listing, sellers can test the waters without spending a dime, so a bunch are trying it. Ebay has free listings during the weak car sales pre-holiday period.

JDP/Maryland
                  63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                  spent to date $54664,75
                  64 R2 GT (Sid)
                  spent to date $62,439.30
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  51 Commander
                  39 Coupe express
                  39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Everybody's trying to get their great Christmas gifts posted so we can all buy them for under the tree for us.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Everybody's trying to get their great Christmas gifts posted so we can all buy them for under the tree for us.

See you in the future as I write about our past
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

There was a similar deal on e-bay back in the summer and I remember the list got up to 105 Stude's at one point.... Now that's selection!

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar
                        3E-6/7-122
                        </h5>

Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander

Comment

There was a similar deal on e-bay back in the summer and I remember the list got up to 105 Stude's at one point.... Now that's selection!

<h5>Mark
                          '57 Transtar
                          3E-6/7-122
                          </h5>

Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander

Comment

No, 82 is not a record. There have been times of more than 100.

Yes, the free eBay ads stimulate the bored and curious would-be-sellers.

FWIW, go to any SDC meeting and average the age of the members. There are going to be MANY Studebakers for sale in the next few years.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                            PackardV8

Comment

No, 82 is not a record. There have been times of more than 100.

Yes, the free eBay ads stimulate the bored and curious would-be-sellers.

FWIW, go to any SDC meeting and average the age of the members. There are going to be MANY Studebakers for sale in the next few years.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                              PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                              X