Your Car your money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Car your money

Someone had a funky idea to do this one. Yes it probably works OK and maybe well, but finding a buyer may be a tough sell with this combo.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

If the body is as solid as it appears, then it is a fair price (in my opinion).
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Definitely a candidate for a powertrain upgrade, whether back to Studebaker (my preference) or to the obligatory SBC.
      Mike Davis
      1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

This car has been on Portland craigslist for a long time - at first with it's original drivetrain intact, but for way too much money. The price may have dropped some over the many months with no results. Then it reappeared with this odd drivetrain. Again, car gathered no interest, and the price kept dropping and dropping. I don't know of anyone locally that has looked at the car and I certainly wasn't interested. If he had kept the original drivetrain in it - and I can't remember if it was running or not - then maybe a Studebaker person would have been interested at an acceptable price. What he has now - not so sure.

Comment

This is the first time I have seen a car in a "for sale" ad with a photo showng it hooked to a battery charger.
          Bill Jarvis

Comment

Isn't a 65 Chevy Nova Super Sport with a six cylinder engine an oxymoron?
            Dan Peterson
            Montpelier, VT
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Why the seller would pull the original 259 V8 with 4 bbl out of this car I can only guess. Perhaps it was too far gone. I have a '55 President and might consider this car for parts. It looks like there is plenty there that could be used. Someone wanting to put the correct engine and transmission in it would have a nice ride. I even know where there are a couple of good Studebaker V8 engines that could go in it for an extremely reasonable price.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by dpson View Post
                Not really. From its inception in 1961, the Super Sport option was a trim/bling package and available with any engine; from the sick six to the largest horsepower V8 engine available.

Then it reappeared with this odd drivetrain.
                Looking at it another way, it isn't odd at all, as Stude installed the same Chevy 194" engine in the '65-66 cars.

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

Original Super Sports were appearance options more than engine perofrmance. SO hindsight, sure an oxymoron, at the time just another car with any engine you wanted to pay for. Add a case of flat black rattle can paint, some fake flames etc and somebody will buy. Locally there was a clean rambler sedan for sale- price hit my interest, BUT before i got there he had just flat black rat rodded and put some tacky flames on. Added $1500 to previous price and sold in two days. Was fair original paint before. Never know what may open a new owners wallet.
                  Originally posted by dpson View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                    Why the seller would pull the original 259 V8 with 4 bbl out of this car I can only guess. Perhaps it was too far gone. I have a '55 President and might consider this car for parts. It looks like there is plenty there that could be used. Someone wanting to put the correct engine and transmission in it would have a nice ride. I even know where there are a couple of good Studebaker V8 engines that could go in it for an extremely reasonable price.
                    If you really thought you needed a parts cars...for quite a while on Craigslist has been a non-running but correct V-8 automatic '55 Commander 4 door in Vancouver, WA. Asking $975.00.

Comment

Jerry,
                      I have seen that one. I am not really in the market for a parts car until I negotiate with my wife on a place where I could park it. She does not want our property looking like a junkyard.
                      Ed Sallia
                      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                        Jerry,
                        I have seen that one. I am not really in the market for a parts car until I negotiate with my wife on a place where I could park it. She does not want our property looking like a junkyard.
                        Well just "get on" that New 2 Car detached GARAGE!

Doesn't she need a remodeled Bathroom or Kitchen for a "Bribe"?
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                        X