Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near Port St Lucie, FL?

Hey Folks,
    Which SDC chapter is closest to Port St Lucie, FL? My wife is visiting from Alaska and is keen on seeing a Hawk and an Avanti up close. She gets to pick our next Stude so I've encouraged her to visit as many cars as she can before she decides. Our local aaca club has a lot of members with Studes so she's seen a '37 K10, '26 Big Six, '32 Commander, '51 Champion, '55 Champion, and a '59 Lark convertible. She is leaning toward a Lark convertible right now but I wanted her to look at some Hawks and an Avanti if she can find one. Thanks for the help,
    Jeb

PM sent. Give me a call if interested.

Comment

Pull down Florida from the list on the left.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Jeb View Post
        Hey Folks,
        Which SDC chapter is closest to Port St Lucie, FL? My wife is visiting from Alaska and is keen on seeing a Hawk and an Avanti up close. She gets to pick our next Stude so I've encouraged her to visit as many cars as she can before she decides. Our local aaca club has a lot of members with Studes so she's seen a '37 K10, '26 Big Six, '32 Commander, '51 Champion, '55 Champion, and a '59 Lark convertible. She is leaning toward a Lark convertible right now but I wanted her to look at some Hawks and an Avanti if she can find one. Thanks for the help,
        Jeb
        Good luck on your quest.
        Hopefully, you know that there is no such animal as "a '59 Lark convertible."
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the Sunshine chapter doublepaddle. Must have been a '60 Lark, studegary but I think the owner told me it was a '59 so I took his word. We've only seen the one Lark and it was beautiful. I don't know much about them except we loved the convertible we saw. I found this picture from the car show. Is it a '60?

Click image for larger version

Name:	11705309_10152924924105825_1030942722915917131_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1703472

Comment

Actually, Jeb, that's a '61. You can tell by the unique side trim that runs above the beltline instead of on it.
            Mike Davis
            1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post
              Actually, Jeb, that's a '61. You can tell by the unique side trim that runs above the beltline instead of on it.
              and the 4 headlights.
              Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                and the 4 headlights.
                And the 1961 Flamingo color (only on Hawks and convertibles at the beginning of the model year and then expanded to the other Larks).
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks for schooling me guys. If the wife decides on a Lark I'll have to do a ton of research. It seems the more I learn, the less I know. Is there no bottom to the depth of Studebaker history and knowledge?

Comment

Working...
                  X