History Channel American Restorations TV Show with SDC'er Howard Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History Channel American Restorations TV Show with SDC'er Howard Brown

History Channel American Restorations TV Show Season 7, Episode 3 Featuring our very own Los Angeles Chapter President Howard Brown's 1950 Commander Starlight Coupe gets "Restored"?

This took place at Bodie Stroud Industries in Sun Valley, Calif. North of L.A.

This is exciting, nothing this "almost good" has happened in Stude. Winterland for awhile!

THREE supposed Car Nuts, and I can't believe no one seemed to notice the early Cadillac V8 and 4 Speed Hydramatic power train, wouldn't Howard or somebody mention what was going to happen to it besides Scrap?

But then again reality TV is never the REAL World, and many details are always left out. And we all know it's staged.

Starts at 4:15 Minutes.

Steve's Restorations takes on the challenge of restoring a client's rust bucket 1972 Gran Torino into a unique one of a kind machine while Bodie Stroud Industri...
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-16-2016, 09:07 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

A very well done project, for sure! Here is his, "restoration.":

I like it!
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Come on Dave, now that's just CHEATING!

In my humble opinion, that Car was WAY more restorable than the '72 Ford Torino they restored, but sometimes it's about the MONEY $.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 01-16-2016, 09:26 PM.
      StudeRich
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I like the paint job and chrome and glass work too. The "Sink" will fill in the 'square hole' after this fontal piece is placed in the house I assume. What a bathroom conversation piece this will be! I suppose those fender top 'chromed & trimmed' lights could beome "Night Lights" as well. Wowie Zowie!!
        JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Believe it or not, all that was "Chrome" is now high gloss Black!
          StudeRich
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Just to "calm the waters", that '50 Commander was way too far gone to save except if money/time was no object. No floors, major rust in what was left of door bottoms , no trunk floor, big time rust below grilles in front. Also, the Caddy engine was just laying there , never had been installed and it was "stuck" frozen solid. Anyone who knows me knows if it was "savable" I would have saved it!
            By the way, look closely, the stainless sink IS installed. It was a fun show.
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

I figured that was the case Howard. Looks to me like you had a lot of fun, and the show gave some great exposure to Studebaker. Well done!
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Good job Howard. Sad to see another Stude bight the dust, though I totally understand.
                JS
                I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

There's a reason I don't watch "reality" TV, and the few minutes I could get through of watching this, are it.
                  Did not get through the whole thing.
                  I happen to know there will NOT be a car sink in one of Howard's bathrooms, especially one that big and ugly. How would you even get in the bathroom door with a car hood in the room?

But Howard did an excellent job of acting. He was totally deadpan Howard.
                  As for turning car fronts into sinks, ugh.

Comment

Working...
                  X