Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

closing down shop sooner than I figured.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• closing down shop sooner than I figured.

With my plans to make S/B swap meet in May I have sold some and to the people that have bought means I will be in S/B in May but the first of March I will really start to move things out fast so any one wanting things cheap with free delivery to S/B you need to speak up and don't figure to get things at the last minute. As of right now I am putting together a load going to New Zealand the owner has bought a lot of items from me in the past and also at this time so lots of small parts will be created and go, not so much on the larger items but with 3 cars and about 6-7 pallets of crates will fill the container, Items already sold will be put a side for the trip and 95% of what is left will be gone. I want the shop to be empty by the time I go to S/B so when I get back all I need to do is remove racks and things I built so it can be the way it was when I moved in 18 years ago. I started setting sheet metal a side that will be gone in a few days as I don't think any one might want these rear fenders for a 4 door 61 lark, some hoods with rust out holes same with trunks, most large items are selling for $100.00 each with delivery all need some work nothing perfect but by Midwest standards all fix able easier that rust belt tin. Full flow block with caps $100.00 R-2 heads $150.00 a set R-1 heads $150.00 a set it cost all most that much to ship a set of heads across the country......Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
    With my plans to make S/B swap meet in May I have sold some and to the people that have bought means I will be in S/B in May but the first of March I will really start to move things out fast so any one wanting things cheap with free delivery to S/B you need to speak up and don't figure to get things at the last minute. As of right now I am putting together a load going to New Zealand the owner has bought a lot of items from me in the past and also at this time so lots of small parts will be created and go, not so much on the larger items but with 3 cars and about 6-7 pallets of crates will fill the container, Items already sold will be put a side for the trip and 95% of what is left will be gone. I want the shop to be empty by the time I go to S/B so when I get back all I need to do is remove racks and things I built so it can be the way it was when I moved in 18 years ago. I started setting sheet metal a side that will be gone in a few days as I don't think any one might want these rear fenders for a 4 door 61 lark, some hoods with rust out holes same with trunks, most large items are selling for $100.00 each with delivery all need some work nothing perfect but by Midwest standards all fix able easier that rust belt tin. Full flow block with caps $100.00 R-2 heads $150.00 a set R-1 heads $150.00 a set it cost all most that much to ship a set of heads across the country......Bob
    Hi Bob, I sent a couple of PMs but I know you are busy right now. I will take the starter and glove box door for my 62 GT and I was wondering if you had a chance to look at that trunk lid overlay? Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Kato View Post
      Hi Bob, I sent a couple of PMs but I know you are busy right now. I will take the starter and glove box door for my 62 GT and I was wondering if you had a chance to look at that trunk lid overlay? Thx
      Kevin please refresh me on your request as I get so many that don't pan out it makes it hard to keep up with them all....Bob
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Kevin please refresh me on your request as I get so many that don't pan out it makes it hard to keep up with them all....Bob
        No problem Bob, starter for 62 GT, AT, original 289, glove box door for same (metallic mesh style) and hopefully a trunk lid over lay with no holes or bends but OK if the paint is faded. Will be picked up by Dave Warren if I can't make it to SB.

Comment

Bob
          Looking for p\n 525672 rear bumper gravel deflector for a 50 commander Starlight cp. It's the vertical piece that goes in the rear between bumper and the exhaust pipe. I vend at SB so can pick up in May
          Jerry Kurtz, York, Pa

Comment

Sorry, but whats S/B?

Comment

South Bend?
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

small boat ?
                sugar bear ?

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                  South Bend?
                  Yep South Bend.. Sorry, I'm ex military and rely too much on acronyms!

Comment

got any dana 44 tt any ratio thanks Raymond
                    rawise

Comment

Originally posted by wise raymond View Post
                      got any dana 44 tt any ratio thanks Raymond
                      Sorry Ray , none they go as fast as I get them and have had a waiting list.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

bump this up to the top, requests have slowed down so I figure those that want any thing big have already asked so will start scrapping sooner as I need to move ahead, the trip is on for those that have bought large items, even if I have extra room on the trailer I will not bring things in hopes to sell it there in S/B. My job in clearing the 4000 sq. foot building takes more work than just the parts that need to go, thanks to the members that are helping me save these items.....Bob
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Bob, got the coupe doors my friend picked up. Very nice. Thanks!
                          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                          '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

bump this up to the top, requests have slowed down so I figure those that want any thing big have already asked so will start scrapping sooner as I need to move ahead, the trip is on for those that have bought large items, even if I have extra room on the trailer I will not bring things in hopes to sell it there in S/B. My job in clearing the 4000 sq. foot building takes more work than just the parts that need to go, thanks to the members that are helping me save these items.....Bob
                            Thanks to you Bob for all the time, work, and expense you have done through the years to help people and help save the Stude parts. You're very much appreciated. Next time you see Bob Mikulic, tell him I said hello.

Ted

Comment

Hello Bob, just sent you a P/M Thanks
                              I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X