Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping a Lark Mobile Gas

I think this has been up before.
    Very Dramatic, this 1962 Studebaker is dropped off a ten story building to dramatize the effects of a car accident. This Studebaker Lark is wearing Studeba...
    Last edited by hausdok; 01-15-2016, 03:16 AM.

It was.

Craig

Comment

That is the reason I hate to post anything. Maybe somebody new hasn't seen it.

Comment

Can't even see the engine hanging out....... must be in the interior........... sad ...keep driving them.....

Comment

Totally scary how close the crowd of people are,waiting on the ground!
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Strange that the Lark had Avanti wheel covers.
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I can understand if something has been shown, talked about within a few days,
              BUT over 2 years ago ??
              Who cares ?
              It's new to enough people to be interesting.
              If an old post is going to add something to a current topic. Great. Show it.
              Other than that, So what, Who cares ?
              South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

I've never seen it.. Thanks for posting it..

I must say that Lark did a prefect dive. Most cars would have rotated over on its roof..

But how strange that at a time when there was no real national speed limit on the freeway, that Mobile Oil would be concerned about a person driving 60+ mph..

With that attitude, they certainly would never sponsor the Indy 500..

Comment

Now that is what I call a compact car.

Comment

Automobile fatalities were really big numbers in those days. You very rarely see ads on TV anymore on driving safety except for the MADD type. In the 60's and 7o's there were a lot of them on highway or driving safety. The facts that I have is there was almost 33,000 traffic deaths in 2014. There were about that many in 1950 with a population base of less than 1\2 of what it was in 2014. 1966-74 saw anywhere between 50-almost55,000 deaths yearly on a population base of less 2\3rds of what it was in 2014. People in 1950 were dying at 2 times the rate as 2014 although the average speed traveled in 1950 was less than 2\3rds of 2014. And that doesn't even to begin to cover the numbers of serious injuries which are way less today also. The good old days may have been nicer, but were a lot more dangerous as far as automobile driving.

Comment

I hadn't seen that before.
                      Too bad they destroyed a new car when a 10 year old junker would have served the same purpose.

Comment

Working...
                      X