rear brake shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: rear brake shoes

Looking at new rear brakes for the hawk. Listing shows in mill meters 279x50.8 which is 10.98x2 in this sound right for a rear on a disc brake car? Thats what they are suppose to be.

11x2 is correct for disc brake car-but make sure the shoes are correct ones if rebuilt exchange. If new from a vendor on=line they appear correct.

Comment

Yes, 11X2 shoes with 3/4" bore wheel cylinders. Just rebuilt the rears on the 66 Daytona that has factory front disc's.
      sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
      1950 Champion Convertible
      1950 Champion 4Dr
      1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
      1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Last year, I found a set of B53 shoes online... Bought them and had a time making them fit inside the drum. Turned out they were labelled B53, but the metal shoe core was stamped B173. Different e-brake indents.... Had to do some filing, but they finally fit..
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I have a set NOS if interested, p/n 156010
          Bill Foy
          1000 Islands, Ontario
          1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Captain billy. I doubt as what you are willing to sell your NOS set for what I can buy the new centrics sets for. A little less than $40 with shipping. Only thing I don't like is the wheel cylinders are 7/8 instead of 3/4 but nothing about this system will be completely stock when I'am done so may not be a big issue.

Comment

Working...
            X