Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up two '63 sedans (oops, not coupes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up two '63 sedans (oops, not coupes)

Joyce and I went to a little town south of where we live and north-east of Red Bluff to see two '63 Lark Coupes (pillared two-door, a coupe right?). Nice little cars. They were six hundred each and we will be picking them up in a few days. I have to talk a friend into helping me get them. they will go up to Fawn Lodge to be sufficiently refurbished and rehabbed. If Joyce's daughter buys the Toyota, we will have the money to do at least one of them up quite nicely. I have a 259 sitting in the yard and I believe an automatic sitting around that can go into one of them. The other has a 160 with OD tranny. We are thinking of leaving it alone if the motor is any good.
    Here's a few pics:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rose%u0025252520lark%u0025252520front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	1750209Click image for larger version

Name:	rose%u0025252520lark%u0025252520left.jpg
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1750210Click image for larger version

Name:	rose%u0025252520lark%u0025252520rear.jpg
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1750211Click image for larger version

Name:	blue%u0025252520lark%u0025252520front.jpg
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1750212Click image for larger version

Name:	blue%u0025252520lark%u0025252520left.jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	1750213Click image for larger version

Name:	blue%u0025252520lark%u0025252520back.jpg
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1750214

Once I get them to Fawn Lodge, I'll pull the seats and strip the floors. So far though the floors look great! there doesn't appear to be any other rust in either car. The trunk of the blue car has a big patch of bondo on the trunk lid though. It looked like there was a shallow dent on the trunk lid and I gave it a good bump from underneath and the declivity popped out the bondo whilst straightening out. So I have a disk of bondo about the size and shape of a salad plate (7 inches or so). can't wait to dig into these cars and get to work. But now I have four vehicles to work on!
    Last edited by studeclunker; 01-17-2016, 10:46 AM.
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Great score! The brown one looks like it has a 62 grill on it. Both are 63's as you stated. I drove a 63 with a 6 and auto for 10 years. Came out of Mt Shasta City. Great running car. Don't discount the little 6. Hopefully the vanity dash is in good shape. They too are really nice.

With a post right behind the drivers door, I think it's Called a 2 door sedan. A coupe to me is usually a hardtop, but have heard both referred to as coupes.

At any rate lots of fun!

Mark

Comment

These are the recent I think Craigslist Red Bluff Car, Pair.

'63 Lark 2 Door Sedans Ron. No Coupes except in the C, K and Hawk line, Coupes of all makes have the smallest Rear Quarter Windows.

I believe the cool looking one, the Blue Mist Metallic one has the somewhat rare Top of the 2 Door & 4 Door Sedan (non-Cruiser) line, Custom Trim.
      Is this one a V8 Car?
      I would put the Rose Decklid on it and restore it.

The Rose Mist, Regal (cheapie) is I think the 170 c.i.d. OHV Six.

A VERY Nice find.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 01-11-2016, 08:20 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Nice! Congratulations
        My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
        sigpic
        Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
        in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Good save!

Comment

Goes to show there are still some great deals to be found.

Comment

The blue car was originally something along the line of Glenbrook green. I don't know what they called it in '63, but the colour in the trunk is a dark green. However, I can't find any record of a dark green offered in '63. The seats and some fragments from the dash are also a beautiful dark green. I'd love to restore the car to that colour-scheme if possible. the dash is toast and the vanity missing. that's okay as I have a spare dash floating around at the 'Lodge. the Rose-Mist has a black and white interior and the vanity is perfect.

Who is it who does the door panels and upholstery and interior trimmings? the people who ended up with the SASCO interior stocks?

Ron Smith

Comment

Nice score!. Exactly what I am looking for... 1963 Custom! If you want to sell it in the future let me know.

Allen
                1964 GT Hawk
                PSMCDR 2014
                Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                PSMCDR 2013
                Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

The interior panels come from Starlight Studebaker in Colorado:

The fella's name is Will Sander. Good luck!!
                  Last edited by rayoung55; 01-11-2016, 09:14 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

You got a great deal on these! They look to be in good shape.

Comment

My 63 Daytona 2 door hardtop is a 6 automatic. Never going to win a land speed title, but it sure is stingy with gas.
                      Great deal on the cars. Hope they serve you well.
                      sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                      1950 Champion Convertible
                      1950 Champion 4Dr
                      1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                      1957 Thunderbird

Comment

with all the talk of backlogs and thanking customers of thier patience, it leads me to believe, luck? Yeah, I'm gonna need it! Along with a generous dose of patience. but thank you for the link, Ray.
                        Ron Smith

Comment

I'm glad you saved 'em Ron. The temptation was starting to get to me. I love that model. One of the best looking Larks made. I like the sail panel, how it has a much more graceful line than the Hardtop model. One of the style cues that make it look fast while standing still. Good luck with the builds. I still get weak knee'd thinking of the switchbacks I endured hauling that 56 up to your place several years ago.
                          sals54

Comment

Good work!

Thanks for providing us the closure of these two cars!! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...two-door-sedan

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                              The blue car was originally something along the line of Glenbrook green. I don't know what they called it in '63, but the colour in the trunk is a dark green. However, I can't find any record of a dark green offered in '63. The seats and some fragments from the dash are also a beautiful dark green. I'd love to restore the car to that colour-scheme if possible. the dash is toast and the vanity missing. that's okay as I have a spare dash floating around at the 'Lodge. the Rose-Mist has a black and white interior and the vanity is perfect.
                              The Production Order will provide the answer on the dark green color, if it was special ordered that way.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X